Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i posted bout my tranny shift linkage being messed up later last week. and after messing with it trying to fix it this past weekend i had no luck. we realigned it and it still is messed up. This is the problem, Park works, Reverse works, Neutral works, Drive is also neutral, 2nd is Drive, and First is second, and if i play with the shifter in First i can sometimes get it to go into 1st gear. HEEELP

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYbody, i know there are some tranny guys in here

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
you bent the linkage ... so now it's too short.

you should be able to just bent it back ... but i think you have to take it off to bent it back.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok that makes sence but how in the heck did i do that? i wasnt doing anything too extreme.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
hmmm .. what does "too extreme" mean .. coming from you :wink:

that's your truck right? the one with NO wheels on the ground?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
wouldnt bent linkage line all the gears up funny? his park, rev, and nuetral line up fine.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if it is bent, it would be worse the farther it moves. since PR and N are the closer that kind of makes since. if that is true d should be 2 or 1, and 2 might be 1. i guess it depends on how bad it is. how hard is it to get to the linkage, and how much is a new one. i never really trust "oh just bend it back, it will be ok."

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
ok i read it again, and since all of your gears work mechanicly it almost hast to be the shift linkage. i would go after that and see if it solves the problem.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now i know mhy my linkage is tweaked.
http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.cgi?topic=2733&forum=38&8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts