Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when this weak tranny gives out on me with these big new tires!! who is gonna rebuild be a bullet proof lifetime tranny?? are there any quality trannys for replacement.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Is it a manual or auto?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
If I´m not wrong Jet Performance makes bullet proof Trannies, I don´t know the prices, but you can visit them in http://www.jetperformance.com

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jet does not build bullet proof trannies. Answer that question? Find yourself a good tranny guy, one who has been doing it for a good number of years and is reputable and will give a warranty on it for at least 6 months, knowing that you run larger tires. Or, just drive down here and have my guy do it, he will give you a good price, and he will make your tranny STRONGER than stock, even STRONGER than a 47RE, plus shift kit it, and replace the cooler and replumb with better stuff. Is it worth it? Just price a few places and ask them how much a total rebuild will be for a 46RE...with no extra's like shift kitting and replumbing cooler lines...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Usually you can find a transmission shop that will warranty a year. Its the better way to go.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I spoke with a Jet tranny tech last week about a tranny. He told me "We could put a shift kit in it but it wouldn't last very long. It's really pointles for us to do anything to them. I'm just being honest with you, it's not really worth it. What you should do is put some smaller tires on it, drive it around for a little while. Sell it and buy a Chevy." I responded "There is no way in Hell that is gonna happen! IFS SUCKS!" He didn't have much to say after that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I know that with the 47re you can get an auto trans that is built to hold more power than most people would want. I do not know if they can do the same for the 46re.

I know that Sun Coast offers a two year unlimited mileage and HP warranty.

Bill

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im in michigan and i have a automatic tranny

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ramraptor, I live in Cedar Springs, I know a tranny guy by Belding that's real good and could fix you right up. He knows some tricks to make the Chryslers last longer and he stands behind them too. Just email me and I'll give you his number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts