Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought my truck with 66k on is with a 3 month 3k mile warrenty and i am now at 70k and the tranny is toast. figures ... all forward gears just let go and started free spinning. this suck i have less than no money right now. i left this only because i fugured Best my be intersted in knowing , i can give him info to help with his problem. its at the tranny shop i find out the damage tomarrow. later guys :(:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about it. Didn't you have symptoms before this? I seem to remember something. Well, here is what you do. If you have another source of transportation, take your truck to the house and yank the tranny out. Send me the busted tranny, along with a predetermined sum of money (e-mail me offlist if interested) and you will get it back in MUCH better condition than it ever was, even when new. It will be strong, shift kitted for better shift points, and it will have a warranty. This is what I am having done, as mine is toast as well. This is a Legit offer. If you want it done right, and by a reputable source, this is the way to go. Let me know...

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Beast, I beleive that you solve your tranny problem, and it seems that you don´t sue the Chrysler dealer, but the way that you solve it apparently is better because you get a better tranny than the one you had, here is a question: Did you install a rebuild tranny?, if so, from who? (answer only if you can), As I know, Jet Performance and other guy´s sell rebuild (bullet Proof they say) trannies.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Justin,

That bites. Give me a call about the FR trip. I'll be here at work till 11:30, then back again from 2:30-on.

Lemme know how it goes... And don't forget to scream at the dealer, just because.

NV4500?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My tranny is going to rebuilt with better parts. It will be bulletproof when it is completed. So far, I have not seen any aftermarket trannies that will hold up for any amount of time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i am going with the rebuild on mine. it will be about 2100 bucks. and thats upgraded parts and beafy clutches. this guy i went to really knows his dodge trannys. he is also modifieing the shift points in the valve body so well see how it does. i am also haveing him look into what it takes to get rid of the breather from the front pump area and move it to a better location. i get her back on monday it looks like. but all the money i possess will be gone as well. :(:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got her back today :): it was $2303.48 total. so i am liveing on pb&j for a while till i get some more money. but i am going back to the dealer to see if i can get them to pay for some if not all of the tranny. but it does has some upgrades in the tranny ... better clutches and differnt gears and a but load of valve body work the thing drive soooooo nice. i will keep you guys posted on what happends at the dealer. and Beast i will be e-mailing you with all the info on my truck and tranny stuff so maybe this can help you out some more.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Glad to hear your back in action. Will be interesting to see what you can do with the new lift.

I just had a thought about flex...

Isn't Jason the only lifted truck out of our bunch with single shocks up front? I wonder if the extra bind from the dual shocks twisting in their mounts are limiting flex...

I need a ramp at my house.... :):

·
Registered
923 Posts
DId you get the breather moved? I have wanted to do something with mine even it all I do is run a vent tube up higher into the engine compartment. Your tranny man should know if that will work. If you have explored this option please share.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i have ... and i wanted him to thread a pipe up and drill a hole in the bell houseing so i could add a rubber hose up higher. or just plug it and drill one in the back of the tranny but my tranny guy would not do it cuz of lieablity issues. so f*** him i will pull it back out and do it my self. but thoughs are the two opions you have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts