Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in southern CA, and have trouble finding good trials other than construction sites. The area is too populated, but there has to be something. Does anyone know of anything? I try to go out every weekend, even most weekday nights, but Im running out of places to go. Thanks

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I live in Garden Grove and i have the same problem about local trails there are none. I find myself taken the weekend to head out to Big Bear, and El mirage (dry lake). I know there are some trails in the irvine area like trabuco canyon, Black Star canyon, but they are closed most of the year.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
There is the Hungry Vallery SRVA in the grapevine and the entire Ocotillo Wells/Anza Borrego area near Salton Sea. All have space for fullsize, slightly modified trucks. The only other stuff I know down there is the hardcore stuff like the Hammers. I am sure someone here can give you more info.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One place I have been heading to is Hesparia. A buddy of mine has a cabin up there. Also Rightwood area. all very close. You can see it from the 15. its mostly railroad access roads though.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
How far is hesperia?
The dry lake i go to is nearby victorville.
is about an 1 and a 1/2 hours away depending on how ffast you drive from the orange county area. but its an awsome spot to go wheelin. especially if you have quads or dirtbikes there is all kinds of trails out there. I like to go at night because its too hot in the day (in the summer time)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hesperia is actually real close out there. I think its only maybe a half hour at most from El Mirage, which ive been meaning to get out to. Ive heard there are some pretty good trails there, as well as a "put a brick on the gas" straightaway. I think I might put my sport bike in the bed and haul it down there for a top speed run.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Let me know when if and when you head out there. I go out there all the time. I have my truck and a new honda quad i been runnin around in up there.

yeah i got my truck close to 120mph in the middle of the lake. but my truck started floating on the dirt so i had to take the foot off the gas.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im hoping to get a trip together within the next few weekends. When you go, do you go for the weekend or just a day? I think we would maybe head out friday eve, so we could set up camp, and stay out till sunday noonish. Ill let you know when we schedule it. Is it ok to contact you via instant messanger?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yeah go ahead and use instant messanger.
Im headed out this weekend to 29 palms,
my friend at work has a crazy baja bug where gonna go thrash. so im heading out tonight for that. at el mirage i usually go friday night and leave saturday when it gets tooo hot. i havnt been out there in the winter yet but im sure it gets really cold.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how did the trip go? were there any good trails? how long did it take you to get there?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
trip was awsome it took us about 2hours to get there right outside of 29 palms (copper mountain). Did a lot of high speed and high air and even a little rock crawling in the baja bug. we got there late friday night then we did a little work on the cabin and took off to the sand dunes 5 minutes away and we also went to a very loose and rocky area where you need a 4x4 also 5 minutes away. saturday night i took off to big bear since the weather man said there was gonna be rain. so sunday i did a little muddin with a friend that zoomed on up in his chevy.
overall it was a very fun trip i did a couple new trails in big bear and i even got stuck in a loose dirt area where i ran out of momentum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you like mud there is Azuza canyon in Azuza. Littlerock OHV on the other side of the mountain. It has a couple trails and some mud. Its in palmdale area. In Canyon Country there is rower flat OHV area off of the 14 freeway. It has two jeep trails that a full size can do. There is Frazier Park just a little past Gorman. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
cool thanks man

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On Saturday afternoon (11-10) there will be a few of us up there playing in the mud. Anyone who wants to join, my email is below.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its by victorville. saint helena is up above frisco? cus its way down here in so cal.

the red star is where you are i think. the green star is about where el mirage is.

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=2&mapdata=jZ2g%2b%2fXW8V%2bLj%2fNV4w8sNLX1zMRFBZyxrba7LtVFRDXvVMqy%2fkEF9Q1f%2bwLDeq8B6zVd9x2c6RR9HH7%2fBel16TXUNerfaNIRuxc9ZF0d%2f1DPLPb58QdADQdL0i2YSFmJwBrGn5g%2biZA6Nlf1rlYzo4f7LUiuvL2vKinjQmTl9gfSc3I2zofA7VHCdG5Y3BtNvQ8otrgj%2fUIEDpA9eZTepl%2bQAy0%2bjIFCouAXDnUgRoWVj8lQHC7ycrN3a1LZPPSJwJorKlnNirSjxivGxNcmuCbHwiFwuLHbOfn%2bj61aCghH6aFGg%2bqqUQyEHuugbV23wpGrWHIxKVvavHx0KHYtrCdufvLPQ1fdGKyMNMaE2OU%3d" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey me and my girl friend went up to mormon rock in her new jeep. its at the silverwood exit off the 15 north. all you do is hit the 138 toward wrightwood. we took a left at the beginning of the sand stones and found some pretty "ok" trails not too far up the road. i bet you can find somethin real fun if you go a lil further up the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts