Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if the Trailmaster 4" lift for 88-98 IFS chevys is any good? reliable? gets full lift?

thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
trailmaster kits are good but i prefer the superlift or the procomp 6 inch kit. just finished one today on a 95. looks awesome. it also has a 3 inch body lift. only running 33's now. looking to upgrade to the 35 inch x-terrains, or 38 inch swampers. he also has plans for a ranch hand bumper. i personally have not done a trailmaster kit but like i said the superlift is good and the procomp is awesome. the whole kit is a gray color as compared to superlifts yellow parts.
just my two cents
Hag

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well when i put on my lift i did alot of asking around from friends and shops when i got done they all said the same thing go with Pro-Comp, Rancho or Superlift. Trailmaster is good for the money, but if your gunna spend the money get something great :D:

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have had mine in now for i think 5 yrs. & have had 0 problems. i 4whl,hunt,fish dont play rough.my friend w/93 chevy xtend w/33 has the 4" & up till now has had "0" problems.the 4x4 shop by me which has been featured in i think off road or 4x4 mag. recommends them & runs one in his sub.(4")
just my $.03

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I'm leaning the most towards the Trailmaster 4" lift so far.....unless anyone can give me some good reasons not to.

thanks

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
go with either Rancho or Superlift, but i would say superlift over everything else cause i think they are just good lift kits period.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey stepside, put the 6" TM then you can put some BIG meats on that chev.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably would do that if I had a different vehicle to drive, but this is my only vehicle , i'm only 17. i don't really want that big of tires on it. I live in Minnesota, so there's very icy roads in the winter, and I don't want it so tall that it's going to be real tippy. so, I figure 7 inches of total lift is good enough.

thanks for the reply though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts