Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this lift? Is there cutting involved or is it a un-bolt/bolt on? Supposedly you can fit 35's with this lift. Let me know.

Bob

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It is a bolt-on kit and it does accomodate up to a 35" tire. I have the Skyjacker 5" kit and it can accomodate up to a 36" tire.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can fit 35's on a 3" lift, what size rims are you running. I am probably getting a 3" PROCOMP lift and I want to run 35" MTR's on 10" rims. 35" MTR's are only 34.5" high. Do you think I will rub if I do 80% driving?

Bob

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bob,

You can get by with a 3" lift and 35's...You may get some rubbing at full wheel lock, but nothing major. If you go 4wheelin'...forget it! If you go with this set-up, go with 315/75/16 on 16x8 wheels for minimal rubbing.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You'll do fine with 80% driving (pavement?) it only rubs on the inner plastic fender well. It's not a big deal, just kind of annoying to hear the noise when you turn locked and up a slight incline. You will want to cut about 1/4 inch off of the lower rear corner of your fender, just to eliminate the possibility of cutting your tires. I only seem to rub on the drivers side though, I don't rub at all on the passenger side. It's alright though, body damage adds character.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ian,
YEa when I had my Tacoma lifted, it only rubbed on the drivers side, wierd. Yea I just cut the fender plastic on my Tacoma to get it to stop. Worked pretty good. I am going to try to hunt down a set of offroad springs now and use them and a 3" Procomp lift and go that way with it.

Bob

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey BobsDodge, I have the trailmaster kit on my 96 Ram, You do have to do some cutting/welding on the trackbar I believe. It is a good kit though.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have the Rancho 3" kit, with 315/75R16s on 16x8 wheels. Very minor rub on the rear of the front-driver inner fender lining (that make sense?)

Anyway, 35x12.50R15s on 15x8s would rub like mad, I expect, but the different offsets of the 15 and 16" wheels should allow you to run most 35x12.50s without rubbing. Just look at the "real" size, not the advertised size.

i.e. Jason't 35" SSRs need a 3" body lift to clear as they are 35.5" tall and something like 13" wide.

But 315/75R16 MTRs and BigO XTs and BFG MTs are all 34.5-34.8" tall, and 12.50 wide, and fit fine, and look great!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Its a matter of what the back-spacing is on the wheels. Also, if you lift your RAM at least 4" - 5", you can run any wheel. I run 15X8 Welds which have a 4.50 (actually 4.65) with 35/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's and I don't get any kind of rubbing! For pics of my RAM, visit my homepage:

http://hometown.aol.com/tunisjlopez/myhomepage/index.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts