Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the Trailblazer. I am interested in getting one. Unless I can find a decent 2001 0r 2002 Tahoe for under 30K. Still like the looks of the Trailblazer though. What do you think?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am not worried about the 4x4 as I would never take it off road. I have the other trucks for that. But I like the look of the Trailblazer and I test drove one and I like the power too. I want something I can pull my Impala on a car trailer too so thats why I am opting for the Tahoe. We will se though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that, the computer is slow and I didn't think it took the first time.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i think those new trailblazers are pretty awesome. i would get it if i were you just cause you have another truck to do off roading. it has a 270 HP V6 which isnt bad at all for V6. ive got a friend with one and i think its better than an explorer or somthing like that

·
Registered
255 Posts
Either way, it looks kick a$$! Me personally though, I would never buy a first model year car.

I know, I know. The trailblazer isn't in it's first model year however, I would really do some research to see about repairs and shop time before buying.

They are really kick a$$ though. Look awesome without that high dollar tag either.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
a friend of mine just bought one... a 2002 used with 13k miles.. for $26k
he loves the
straight 6 with 270hp!!!!!
he pulls his 78 corvette with a 383 putting out 475hp with it....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
A 383 was never actually made by chevy, its and aftermarket crank placed into a 350 block that has a longer crank. Its size would be like 6.3 liters. The 7.4 is a 454 big block.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
i got to use a brand new tahoe for 4 months and they are nice. did really good in the mojave with just factory suspension. ... hmmm maybe i should not post that here :):

·
Registered
896 Posts
454 is 7.4L. The 8.1 is the 502.

The 270 hp is nice, but you have to rev it up to six grand if you ever want to see it. That engine is good on paper, but as far as real world driving, I haven't read much good about it.

No offense, but I think the Trailblazer/ Envoy is the ugliest thing on the road next to the Asstek or the Avalanche. GM designs are just going right down the toilet.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
A guy i know owns a silverado hd with the 8.1 he says its a 504ci.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't think that Impala427 is going to roll it. He probably wont drive it like those other people did. It takes a lot to roll a suv.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am sure if we looked back in time. That almost every vehicle model has been on its top one time or another, usually by driver error. I will agree that the the Aztek is ugly. The Avalance is different not something I would buy. But I think the Trailblazer and Envoy are pretty sweet. Thanks for the opinions anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts