Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i think my TC died. when i am driving at like 60 and tap the brake, the rpm doesn't jump. The BOO switch is suppose to unlock teh convertor right? the rpm is about 400 higher than it usually is, maybe 500. it is shifting into a 4th gear, so its not OD gone. what is a good one to replace it with? 94 1500 4x4, 360, stock everything. thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
that may not be the TC going out. it could be the lock up solenoid. go to aamco or any reputable trans shop and have them check it out. even if you have to pay, itll be cheaper than replacing the TC and finding out that it wasnt bad.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it died tonight. went to radio shack, came out and started to drive away, and after like 10 sec it just revved up. it won't go in any gear, reverse either. if i shut it off and put in park, then turn it back on i can go like another 10 seconds of it working. i just got back from a trip of about 400miles round trip, and it got bad since. should i still take it to aamco and have them diagnose it? i can hear something grinding, like its spinning and binding on something else. i put it in drive with the parking brake on, and got out and heard it. could it be something in the transfer case maybe?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
TAKE IT IN FOR SERVICE IMMEDIATELY. This could be a symptom of BAD things to come! Trust me on this one! I had mine blow up on me, mine won't go into gear either! (maybe because their is no front seal anymore...LOL!) I don't suggest AAMCO, as they are known rip off artists, but take it somewhere that maybe you know about, or someone you know has had good work done. Or just start calling around and get the best "diagnostic" quote you can get, and then make judgement from there. Chances are, if the guy can kinda guess (from working on the particular model tranny in the past, and ask him or her if they have worked on that model before) what is wrong on the phone, then he knows what he is talking about. Get three opinions, that way you have afairly good idea of what is wrong before they crack it open and charge you out the yang...Good luck, and if you any questions regarding the tranny, just ask me, I have been doing an IMMENSE amount of research on this particular subject...just ask anyone who knows me and my tranny problems...

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man. i hate aamco also. i can't drive the truck, so i'm gonna have to have it towed to wherever it goes. what was wrong with yours? any advice on a new TC, stall and whatnot?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
the only reason i said aamco was because they diagnose for free, right? i have a local trans guy that does a really good job. i wouldnt go anywhere else.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The question you should ask me is "what ISN'T wrong with my transmission?" A lot is wrong, and it is going to take a complete rebuild, and those idiots at chrysler couldn't fix it right and I have to pay for it all myself, but it will be right when it gets done this time! Plus, I get to test my lawyer skills out in the meantime...:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts