Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of these questions have been answered before but with 54 pages of topics and a 38k connection I just can't bring myself to searching through them all, so here goes. Wheels = AR Outlaw2 16.5 x 9.75
Tires = Wild Country TXR 35/12.5/R16.5 Lift = 2.5" Skyjacker coils. My question is does anyone have these wheels and how do you like them. I do like the Centerline hellcats but they are $230/ea. The AR's are only $105/ea. Also will this wheel and tire combo fit with the 2.5" coils. I have 285's on there now and it looks like there is a ton of room left to accomodate the 35's and that is with no lift at all, so it looks like the 35's should fit especially with 2.5" coils but I want to be sure before I buy this stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
A guy I know runs 35x12.50r16.5 BFG MTs on 16.5x9.75 wheels on his 2500 V10 with a 2" leveling kit only and he rubs a little. Nothing he ever worried about.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I run the 315'75'16 xterrains on ar outlaw2 wheels. I paid $82 a piece not 1 month ago. Tell them national tire and wheel sells for that price and they well meet it. I run the 16x8's and they look real good. If you want I can email a pic of them on but I still dont have my brush guard and steps back on its naked sort of. They have 4.5 backspace and stick out just enough to get a little dirt outside but not a lot. Plus they match my boat trailer wheels. Did I mention they are easy to clean and maintain.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I run outlaw 2's and i bent one of those suckers on the trail. I got a new one and the design differs a little from the old ones i have, and they dont match up well. so i have both designs and theyre both great.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
CumminsPower I sent you a PM, a few days ago, have you seen it yet? Concerning your new truck.

·
Registered
472 Posts
C-power---they're going to rub as you can see from above---4.5" double flex lift and your problems are nil-----chris

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unclemark369, yes I would like to see some pics of your wheels on a Dodge my email address is [email protected]
Jrptroy, No I did not get a PM from you actually I have never used that feature until you said you sent me one so I clicked on the Private Messages link up top and it said that I do not have an messages so try sending it again or email it to me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, here's the dilema. I can only afford wheels, tires and a few hundred $ for the lift for now. So I'm thinking of putting the 2.5" skyjacker coils on and getting the outlaw2 wheels in a 16.5x9.75 and trying some 35/12.5/16.5, if they rub I will have them swap them out for some 33/12.5/16.5 since they will do that for free. But I really wanted 35's. So what if I went with a 16x10 wheel and 315/75/16's. would the 1/2" less wheel make enough of a difference so they wouldn't rub. I could go with the 8.25" wheels and from what I understand that will fit but I have 285's on the stock 16x7" wheel now and the bulge I have it just looks like I constantly need to put more air in the tires, so I would imagine that 12.5" on an 8" tire would look the same plus my tire shop said that putting 12.5" tires on an 8" would cause them to wear faster and also have to keep less air in the tire so they wear evenly, well having the heavy cummins I would think that keeping less air in the tire would really make them bulge even more. Any suggestions. Also does anyone know the backspacing of the outlaw2's. And what is the difference between backspacing and offset. Sorry for all the questions. And thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Do you off road your truck?, if you did, go for a combo that wouldn´t rubber. Always check the offset of the rims. I have a friend that have a 1500 with 3" lift and 16x8 rims with 305´s and he off road the truck and the tires don´t rubber. So I beleive that with a similar combos and a 2500 truck you won´t have problems. :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts