Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally posted this in dodge 4x4...Ive been on here trying to figure this out for about 5 hours now. Im looking at getting the cragar black steel rims and some trxus mts 33x12.5. I have a 2001 2500 CTD. Ive heard that the steel rims will not rub on the brake calipers...Does anyone know if this is true or not? Also i would like my tires to stick about 1.5- 2.5 inches out of the fender what backspacing would put me in that area with 12.5 tires and 16 or 15x8 rims? I would like to run the 15inch rims if possible i just do not want them to rub and dont feel like grinding my calipers down.

·
Registered
136 Posts
a 16x8 with 4" backspacing will put the tire out of the fender your inch to 1 1/2". I have 285's on 8" and do not have any rub at full lock on level gound. A true 12.50 may be a little closer to rubbing, but since you are asking about a 2500 (taller frame) I think it will be fine. Some people have said that the 2500's clear 35's.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
forget the 15" wheel. go with the 16. Hell maybe even a 17" so that when you go even bigger, and need new brakes, you can upgrade to the 14" rotors from the 3rd gen trucks (bolts right up)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im looking at the cragar rim and it has 4.5bs will that be alright? I need that nice looking stance from the tires sticking out..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Look in my album, I have 16.5x10 with4.5 backspacing, I like them, but without flares, they throw alot of {expletive}!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But the 10 inch wide rims make a big difference on how far the tires stick out right? Im afraid with the 8 inch rims and 4.5bs it might tuck them in a little far for my taste. Its unbeliveable how tough it is just to figure out one little thing...I guess that is what comes with being anal about my vehicle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts