Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been contimplating on this for a while. What size tire/wheel would you recommend for my truck? I have a 2500 and 2" coil spacers. I have 3.55 gears, and an auto. What would be the best tire for me? I go off road now and then hunting and stuff, but mostly highway and road driving. I want something that performs well in all worlds, I know you really cant get the best of both, but I want something that will get me around in snow/mud, but not be too bad on highway either..... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i was gonna say 35's with the spacers, but with those 3.55 gears it would be a little tough. either go 33's or 35's and bigger gears. either way, you might still wanna re gear.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree with the 33's. I ran 35's on stock gears for a few months and all I can say is that it is enough to make you buy 4.56's real quick.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I ran 35's with 3.55s for several months got about 8 mpg around town and 10 on hwy.

Then I down graded to 33 with 3.55s and I was getting 11 mpg around town.

I just put some 4.11s in this week. So I'm curious to see what I'm going to get now..

DDGETHS

·
Registered
962 Posts
My first lift was a rancho spacer kit. I think it was 3 in or so. My 35 rubbed so I grinded my inside wheel well and filled with bondo. Later I got the skyjacker 5 and no rub whatsoever. You can fit 33's under a 2 in body lift I think, maybe? Who knows.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A 2500 should be able to clear a 33" tire on a 8 or 10 inch wheel with no lift and no rubbing. Especially a BFG that is really smaller that what the tire says.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i cleared my 33's (32.9") stock, and now i REALLY clear them with the 2" spacers. i think that the 35's would fit with the right backspacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts