Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Ram Quad Cab. I have 16x8 M/T classic II's with the factory 265/75/16. What is the biggest tire anyone has used without a lift kit. This truck is leased so that's why no lift kit. I am thinking 285/75/16 or 305/70/16. Thanks for any answers.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I know people that run the 305's with a decent amount of rubbing. A 295 would fit better.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about my 2001 OffRoad. I know that it sits 2 inchs higher than stock. 1 inch in the tires the other in suspension.

ProComp makes some 33/12.5/17's that I know will fit the height but I am not sure about the width. They are also releasing some 35/12.5 which I am very interested in but I really dont want to install a lift. Any idea if they might fit?

thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, It's just a standard 4X4. I was really surprised that they didn't rub. Now I just need a spacer to level out the front end with the back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just ordered some Pro Comp 315/75R16 on American Racing 16x8 767's to go on my 2001 OffRoad with no lift. Let's hope they fit. If they don't, I'll lift it till they fit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Bubba,

Let me know how they fit since I am looking to get that same size for my Off Road.

I may end up getting a Skyjacker double flex kit and 4.56 gears even if the tires do clear.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yesterday I put a set of 305/70/16's on my truck and they do not rub AT ALL!!

The lack of rub is most likely due to the backspacing on you M/T Classic II wheels (which I really like). I'd venture to guess that you would have the same results if you used Eagle 589s. You'd be rubbing with stock rims, though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have a 97 ram 1500 2x4 with a 2 inch lift in the front and an 1 in the rear and they said my max size without rubbin is 265 75 r16 everyone agree with that or can i go bigger?

That may be accurate except for maybe the rear. The rear oughta be able to handle more than a 265. A 3" 2wd lift will suppossedly allow for 285s all the way around. This guy has a 3" Fabtech 2wd lift with 285 BFG ATs: <!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://users.nabi.net/~piet/main.htm" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey everyone i just bought a 98 quad cab sport and i want to know what it the biggest tire i can put on my stock 16's since i don't have the money right now for new tires and wheels just some good tires

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2 and 1/2 lift on my Ram 1500, and i was wondering, if that guy put 305's on his without rubbing, couldnt i fit 315's on mine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still had about 1/2 inch clearance on the front part of my fender and about 1/4 inch on the back part. I would say that if you have an extra 2 1/2 inches, the 315 should work fine. my 305/70/16 measured 12.00x 32.8.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, the 315's measure 34.7. The thing i am worried about, is that since i would mount the tires on my 10 inch rim, the tires will be too wide and rub in the turning. How would i fix that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK, oh well, i just got 315's put on my truck with a 2 and 1/2 lift and they dont rub at all, not even under wheel lock!! Suprised the hell outta me, after what everyone has been saying on here. I will still probably get a 3" body lift, but i have no moolah right now. Anyone want to buy a set of 295 75R16 BFG's????

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I just read all the post's about tire size & rubbing. What about rubbing during articulation? These tire/wheel combo's may not rub on road "lock to lock" but might that change when off road? (Just thinking out loud)

Troy

·
Registered
4 Posts
On 2001-07-14 15:07, Bubba Truck wrote:
I just ordered some Pro Comp 315/75R16 on American Racing 16x8 767's to go on my 2001 OffRoad with no lift. Let's hope they fit. If they don't, I'll lift it till they fit.
Hey Bubba,did your rims and tires come in?I think you have a few of us in some serious suspense.I'm in the same situation with my off road.Its going to be another month before pro comp releases their 35 x 12.5 x 17,at least thats what they told me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a ques.for some of you guys running 12.5" wide tires on their Rams.Has anyone had much road time with a lot of snow on the ground.I'm just curious to see if my truck is going to be all over the road wandering with a steering mind of its own.Because even if I don't go with 35's cause they don't and end up with 33's,they will still be almost the same width.We get blasted pretty good with snow,so I'm trying to weigh my options out before I plunk another grand or so down.My goal is to end up with pro comps A/T 35's.I was thinking of going with some of those 2" helpers in front and a bigger block or add a leafs for the back to give it some what of a factory stance,if the 35's don't fit.Talk to you later guys.
On 2001-08-29 07:58, Ramster wrote:
On 2001-07-14 15:07, Bubba Truck wrote:
Hey Bubba,did your rims and tires come in?I think you have a few of us in some serious suspense.I'm in the same situation with my off road.Its going to be another month before pro comp releases their 35 x 12.5 x 17,at least thats what they told me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hate to disappoint you but I cancelled my order. I had talked to Pro Comp and they had no idea when the 35x12.5R17 would be in. I was going to go to the 16 inch so I could get some 315's on but those were not available at the time either, so, since I like the wheel on the Off Road I've decided to wait for some more 35x12.5R17 to be available.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts