Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at either the BF Goodrich a/t ko or the Pro Comp A/T. Any body Know how the compare. Looking for a tire thats fairly quite on the street yet aggressive enough to take offroad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know what the warranty is on the BFG's but the ProComps have a 50k warranty that at least a couple guys that post here say they have taken advantage of.
I would think either tire would be more than quiet enough on the road. Of course, after my Super Swampers my ProComp M/T's are quiet to me. :):

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
my bfg's compared to Rawkon's procomp's - mine suck in mud! they dont clear for crap. his clear better on a 2x4 than my 4x4. if you going at's, definately go with the procomps. they are pretty silent on the road, both are. to use the warranty though, you have to have the place you bought it from do all the rotating and balancing and crap in order for the warranty to be valid. Rawkon is going through this right now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
you might wanna read the contract on the pro comps because there are special bylines in the warranty contract. they will only pay you for the percentage of the miles you get out of them or something along that lines, they wont give you the whole amount if they dont last 50k k miles. i personally think that the bfgs look better and perform alot better in the ats.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Go with Coopers. You can get the Discoverer S/T, which is more agressive than an AT, but less agressive than the MT. I have them on my Jeep, and they rock!! They're pretty cheap too. They have a great street ride, and they are quiet too. They are also pretty good in mud, and great on rocks. They work great in rain and snow, too. Way better than my old BFG's I had on my old Chevy. You can get them in up to 35x12.50. Here's the link:
http://www.coopertire.com/tire_cooper/ltsuv.asp?id=190

That pic doesn't really do them justice though. They are a great looking tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts