Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is thinking of getting a ported TB and needs a recomendation I would say go with the Flometrics Billet TB It may cost a little more but you don't have a core charge to deal with and it is new opposed to a used one.The cost is $429.00 to your door includes all new hardware and great instructions so even a dummy could install it!!! http://www.flometrics.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok what the hell am I doing wrong
why can't I post pics
I must have written it down wrong!!!!
GRRRRRR!!!!

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
See the FAQ for info on how to post images, URL links, etc.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
OK now I have a question on TBI...
I have the ability to buy a chevy 350 TBI out of a 1991 Police car. The motor is the 9C1 ( or something like that )...
anyway it is a roller cam roller lifter 350 TBI for $600. It is used so is it worth it or am I better off with a stock 350(which I still need to buy for $350) and add this $450 TBI setup? I am curious since there are so many ways to go with so little help.....

I appreciate all comments
( and if I got a comment saying... GET RID OF THE CHEVY AND GET A DODGE... I would have to say only if it is a older dodge power wagon on 44's... for some reason those trucks look mean as heck...)

RootBreaker
1978 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
1987 Front End
14" leafs all the way around
40x17x16.5 Ground Hawgs

·
Registered
502 Posts
If the motor comes complete with all of the injectors, computer, and wiring for the TPI set up that is on in I think that would be a good deal.
Since the motor is use I would probably take it apart and look at installing all new bearings as a minimum. If everything else looks good and measures good then I wouldnt put any machine work into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts