Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.75" X .250 wall.
[img=500x374]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/265856/fullsize/PB190046.JPG[/img]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another look.
[img=500x374]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/265855/fullsize/PB190045.JPG[/img]

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I just have to ask. What did you expect to happen? You see there is a big a$$ drop on the other side. It bent the {expletive} out of a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was that or turn back. I DON'T TURN BACK.
Besides, now it clear for the next time.
It didn't land hard at all. Once the rear started to climb it was smooth.

·
Banned
4,537 Posts
i could see 1.75 .25 thick on a buggy or a lighter rig.. but on a 2500 v10? :-?:

i'd be running 2" .5 thick if i were you, chromoly if possible. i'm running 2" .25 but its a dakota and i don't wheel as hard as you do.

time upgrade yer arms :D: that looks like a good obsticle though

edit: what's with the rockers? what thickness are they?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Nice tubework :bigthumb:

Time to upgrade the arms, I'm running 2" OD x .375 wall and hope that's never happens.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
On 2005-11-19 17:53, Robert97dodge wrote:
I just have to ask. What did you expect to happen? You see there is a big a$$ drop on the other side. It bent the {expletive} out of a lot of stuff.

That's what all the harder trails looks like 'round here - you should get out of the Mudhole Kindergarten more often :flipoff:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
On 2005-11-19 21:29, JeepCrawler98-Z71 wrote:

That's what all the harder trails looks like 'round here - you should get out of the Mudhole Kindergarten more often :flipoff:

I dont do mud any more. IT tears up to much {expletive} but I couldnt imagine trying to go over something like that. I am starting to get more into rock climbing but nothihg quit that serious until I get a tubed out chevy on rockwells. :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
you would get more strength out of running a larger diameter tube even with a thinner wall. im planning on running at least 2.5" od.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll change them out sooner or later. I'm thinking of cutting off all the mounts for the control arms and make my own crossmember for some new mounts. Make the lowers shorter and do one of them as a radius arm with rod ends and a johnny joints.
Making the shorter would keep them off the rocks so I think I can get away with some 2"X.250 wall.
As for the rock sliders, I threw those togther real quick for a trip. All I had was some .120 wall. I knew they would never last. They will be replaced when the bed comes off.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was Terminator. Up at Table Mesa.
I let you know when I make them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts