Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to get parts in the mail today for my lift. I have a question for all of you who have a 5" lift. Is there any driveshaft modifications needed? I trying to get every thing done in time so I will be ready for hollister.
I ordered the 5" lift from skyjacker for the front and the shackle inversion from BDS suspension for the rear. I'm trying to get a answer from TeraFlex to see if they have a Revolver shackle that will work for the Ram but I have not gotten a reply. If the revolver doesn't work out I might try to fab. a 3/4 eliptic setup for the rear, but not until after Hollister. Any info. would be helpful.
Rich

·
Registered
424 Posts
YEAH!! sorry to pee on your twinkies but I have a 5.5" FabTech lift on my Ram and I have to go get a new front shaft built. It is due to the ANGLE of the "H" yoke closest to the axle itself. The angle dropping down seems to bind a bit and I am worried about popping a U-Joint and pole vaulting the shaft. I have a price on one, and the guy told me he would build it a bit longer to compensate for the lift just in case. The cost (and this is the some-what-good-news, it's only $150 for him to build with the trade in of my original shaft.
LEt me know, but I would say your not going to know until you put in the lift. We measured my shaft after the lift and there really should be no reason for the bind but it's happening! Oh well, I could feel it thorough the floorboard on the driverside - that is how I found out.

LUV24BY

PS - LET ME KNOW THE OUT COME!!! :):

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
LUV24BY -

Contact Jesse at <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.highangledriveline.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> and see what he can for you. Tell him Jason from PavementSucks.com sent you. He was really cool when I needed parts overnighted and helped me with a messed up stub shaft.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the referal! I will check it out next time I am online. I am under the gun on time right now and am curious to what he can do! :):

LUV24BY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts