Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, its getting rebuilt. just a aamco job, cause its $1400 w/ 3 year warranty or 50K. they are putting in a transgo shift kit, and a higher stall converter. my question is this: what speed stall should i get? 94 1500 4x4 360. also, what tranny is in this truck? what else should i have them do while they're in there? and what are the odds the radiator is shot now? thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
For wheeling, I would get a lower stall (about 500RPM under factory) just so I could hook up sooner without breaking traction of the sudden engagement at higher RPM.

Have them flush the trans cooler lines in the radiator. See if they can get the trany vent tot he outside of the bell housing some how so it can be extended toa higher spot (factory is inside the bellhousing and that is not good for mud/water)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do appreciate you help jason B. however, my truck is more of an on road one. i would like to hook up to accelerate faster. i do go in snow quite a bit in the winter here, so i don't know what stall would be best. is there any other bulletproofing that i should have them do? and is that price a decent one?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
a higher stall isnt gonna help a whole lot unless you have a bigger cam. the purpose of the larger stall is to get the engine in the power band. if you dont have that high of a power band you will actually go slower because it will only be using part of that power band.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if you have not allready done it get the biggest trans cooler you can find. and get a temp gauge also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts