The Dude's 6BT Ford

Discussion in 'Vehicle Build-Ups' started by The Dude, Nov 28, 2014.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I am starting a new one. This will take a while as I plan to take my time doing everything on this truck. A few years ago I went and looked at this truck: What would you pay for it?

Well after some back a forth conversations with the owner consisting of him wanting way to much and not wanting to sell it, we finally struck a deal and I took it home.

Donor vehicle: 1995 Dodge 3500 4x4, 5.9 Cummins with 10K miles(Reman), NV4500 5-speed NV241D with 90K miles (both new from dodge), and a gear vendors OD.

And here is the truck in its new location after sitting under a tree for almost a decade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I kind of want to put the drivetrain in a Super Cab truck but I just got a good deal on this truck.

1978 Ford F250 Snowfighter. It has a 400M, 4 Speed, NP205 and Dana 60s front and rear. I am fixing this truck up right now. Still deciding whether the Cummins goes in this truck or I find a Super Cab.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ottenbuilt

ottenbuilt Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cool build! I will definitely be watching this one.

4. CHOGA

CHOGA Well-Known Member

Personally I would stick to your find a super cab idea. That 78 Ford is awesome!. I admit I am a little partial to the 400m engine as I have rebuilt a few and made pretty decent horsepower, find a set of Aussie heads and you've got a screamer (or at least enough to shut up the 351/400m haters). I had countless people tell me it was just an emission riddled boat anchor, but quickly changed their minds once the builds were completed.

Does the Ford have the kingpin high pinion axle? I know it is a 79 F350 axle but the 250 snow plow models got it and you may have a late model 78! Love the trucks either way and will be watching this one. :bigthumb:

5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Well-Known Member

Nice find Dude, but I agree about the SuperCab idea. How's your other swapped truck doing?