Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any good or bad things to say about Dodge Dealers when it comes to repair work. Im taken my truck in tomorrow for the tranny and im afraid there not gonna do anything about it. my tranny jumps in and out of gear and makes a gnarling noise coming from the bell housing. My prob is that my truck for the most part shifts fine on the streets (where they are gonna test it)but when i get to the hills and mountains that when it starts to act up.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just recieved a call back from the dealer and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with my tranny

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-08 18:17, Rawkon wrote:
I just recieved a call back from the dealer and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with my tranny

i hope this doesnt surprise you!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope none the least
But hey on the bright side i got to drive a 2001 4.7 V8 dodge dakota quad cab slt all day.

·
Registered
807 Posts
my truck is going in on thursday for a slipping trans. it slips when shifting from first to second but only under light throttle. the dealer said on the phone theres an adjustment for it, but i dont know. he also said theyve had a few others in for the same problem. why cant dodge build a good trans for once.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had my 2500 v8 in last week because the 5.9 makes a noise at about 2000 rpm, i belive the problem to be valve chatter, first off they couldnt even hear a problem, after I rode with the mechanic he said it was because i wasn't running 87 octane, I run 93, it runs even worse on 87. Im gonna take it back next week and get another trak-bar, #3, maybe a different mechanic will catch it this time.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Boy the memory chips went went in to red alert on that one Rawkon. I do have ? for you tho...Does the "Gnarling noise" occur off road when in 4H or 4L? Remember to tell this to the dealer, and have them test it in the apropriate gear. Also, Im guessing your using a 5 speed since you said Bellhousing. Please confirm this for ol'Dd, and i might be able to help. You fellows might take into consideration that your asking a Parts replacer to diagnose a problem, and that service people aren't allowed much time to diagnose noises. I dont know if this noise is a new phenonmenon for you, or is has been present since purchse, but helical gears in manual trannies, combined with low T-case gears, under a big box (your cab)arent known for cadilac quiet smoothness. Granny 1st thru 4L in my 81 W-150 could wake the dead!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I am having the same troubles with my 98 QC when i stop at a stop light and then get back on the gas the RPM's come up but i just sit there then all of a sudden BOOM and it jerks into gear. hell i am just waiting for the whole damn drive train to fall out. anybody have any idea's? i've already changed tranny fluid and filter and all that good stuff. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
SPRTRAM,

To me that says bands that need adjusting. Mine's been doing the same, slowly getting worse, but after 45K miles, and never adjusted the bands, it's going to happen.

Biginuf,

I've got the same issue with my truck, done it since nearly day one. I'm thinking either loose heat-shield or the cat converter is rattling it's insides around. Mine never went away going from 87 to 92, so I figured it wasn't ping. It DOES ping on occaision, and boy, THAT's a different feeling alright.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
thanks alot woody i was thinking the same thing i have the stuff to adjust the bands on the ford but i dunno about the dodge. Glad it is still under warrenty

·
Registered
807 Posts
my truck was slipping during first to second shifts so i took it to the dealer. the bands needed to be adjusted and they fixed it all under warrenty. the guy there (Rocky at Napleton dodge in chicago ridge) even complimented on me on how nice my truck looked with the 33's. so they fixed it but 2 days later it was doing the same thing.so looks like its going back in.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hey canyonero let me know what happens i am going to have to have the same thing done to mine and if it is just going to happen again maybe i can tell them what they are going to have to do to fix yours again

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
rocky liked my truck to. thats why i think he didnt have a problem painting the new motor yellow when i broke the crank back in september. the tech that worked on seemed kinda pissed though. i think the guy i like best at napleton is Alex.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i have had the same problem with the startup kicking in. i did notice that it was trying to start in second gear, then it decided it was too tough and kicked down into first. the next light, i pulled the shifter into 1st and i havent had the problem since.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I swear there isnt a dealer around that will find something wrong while under warranty unless something is falling off or smoking.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Maybe we should get letter going to the big DC. saying that their 5 star dealers arent so 5 star. if we get enough letters, they should start taking notice. why should we buy a new truck with the "warranty" if teh dealers arent gonna honor it, and fix what needs to be fixed. we could just buy a slightly older one and pay for the repairs like we would have to anyways, but save money on the price of the truck.

·
Registered
424 Posts
RAWKON!!!!!!!!!

MAKE SURE IF THEY DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING THE FIRST TIME YOU KEEP ON CALLING AND TAKING IT BACK EVERY COUPLE WEEKS!!!

It took me at least 4-5 times to have mine in the dealership before they admitted something wasn't right and when my old tranny burnt a new valve body out of the blue within 30 miles, I gots a new tranny! :):

You might want to try towing something with it and see if it's acting up then too!!! That was my key, towing. It SUCKED!! Good luck to you BRO!! Let us know!

LUV24BY

1 - 18 of 18 Posts