Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever run the 1/4 mile in there rams???
hawiiluver and i along with several others with mopar products went down to the local speedway for some 1/4 mile fun.
we had a little pavementsucks gathering on the track where we ran both our trucks for some pretty descent times.
I'll scan the time tickets and post our video of us goin down the track asap.
We had the first Pavementsucks grudge match on the track between the V10 8.0 and V8 5.9. haha

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey rawkon when you stomp on it from a stop do you get any tire spin or does both tires grab and just launch? mine just scratches a couple times and then its gone. kinda sucks sometimes when you turn a corner and want to smokem and your ass end just wants to come around.
On 2002-01-13 00:38, Rawkon wrote:
anybody ever run the 1/4 mile in there rams???
hawiiluver and i along with several others with mopar products went down to the local speedway for some 1/4 mile fun.
we had a little pavementsucks gathering on the track where we ran both our trucks for some pretty descent times.
I'll scan the time tickets and post our video of us goin down the track asap.
We had the first Pavementsucks grudge match on the track between the V10 8.0 and V8 5.9. haha

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get both tires to peel out for a second or two. depends on the cements im on.
in the parking lot at my work i can peel out like crazy. but on the street they only chirp.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Rawkon forgot to mention the fact that I BEAT HIM!!!! in a 6100 lb truck. haha and his reaction time. Boy, gives new meaning to "asleep at the wheel". haha

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I ran the 1/4 about 6 months ago with my 5.9 V8, i beat a Cobra, not, It was the fastest 7000lbs+ truck out there, and the only one, I ran a quick 18.92, that was the fast time, the 4.11 gears and 40" swampers don't agree on some things. That was also with the AC on, I ran a slower time with it off and my reaction time was even faster with the AC on, wierd.

·
Registered
472 Posts
we run the 1/4 with our diesels--some guys 5-6 times a year if not more---best time so far is 12.67 with a 4X4(not me a buddy of mine)in 4 whl drive--we run at Sears point and Sacramento and some guys go down to the LA area too----sure is fun----chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
csutton7,
Is your buddies truck white? If so I saw it last year. That thing Is F-ing BAD!!! I was going to laugh when it took off from the line, but instead my jaw was dropped for the rest of the night. there's nothing better than seeing all the honda racers heart sink after spending thousands to get there car to do 15's and that truck pull of a 12 second pass!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
yes that's the truck and my buddy---chris

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah let me get the Time slips youll see i beat the big bad V10 on the our first run.
and after i woke up on the starting line i also had the better reaction time .7???. im scannin the slips asap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts