Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys do any of you know of any offroad trails here in Texas knowing that all those other pavementsucks.com trips are to long of a drive for me to make. Maybe i could have my own pavementsucks. trip by myself here in the good ole' lone star state.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
hey you have any pics of your 2wd Ram with the lift

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
hey im from houston and i know there is some good trials around here but the ones we know about are not that great ...but i hear there is a trail fomr here to the woodlands ...the problem is finding it.....dodge mudder where in texas r u from?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey whitesport, im from a little town called beeville its about 3 hours southwest of houston, about an hour away from corpus christi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live in Cypress... (Northwest corner of Houston) and I haven't really found many trails. More of neighborhoods that haven't been paved with roads yet.

What trails around houston do you guys know about?

-zach-

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
well i know there is a trail that goes from around where i live all the way to the woodlands...but i have no cllue where it is...and im gonna go trail searchin this weekend and ill tell yall what i find

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hopefully this will help you, let me know how it works for you.
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.southernregion.fs.fed.us/texas/" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i'm from the southeastern part of the lonestar (home of 6.0 beer)near beaumont and most of our trails involve someones hunting lease or gas pipleines. those big rigs make for plenty of ruts and mud when it rains.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Roughrider4ever, since your in the southeastern part do you ever go to Shiloh Ridge. I've heard about that place and how great it is. I was planning on goin down there Memorial Day weekend.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
hey i live in houston too and some places that could be fun if you want are construction sights haha. sounds dumb but it can be cool. me and whitesport ended up finding a man made lake at one sight so we would always mud in the bottom of it before they filled it with water

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found a nice spot around the 1960-249 area if any of yall woule like to know about it. It's a retention pond that has been used for mudding for a long while now. After a rain it's killer stuff. Just make sure you take some friends seeing as how there are no trees for winching....

Houston guys let me know if you want directions.

-zach-

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok....if you are on 1960 heading towards the Willowbrook Mall area, turn left on the 249 Feeder Road. After passing the Methodist Hospital turn right on a road named HARGRAVE. It's an immediate turn after the hospital. On hargrave go a little ways until you can take the very first right turn...(no stop sign). You'll notice a giant field to the right and a fence on the left. Go all the way down the road and it dead ends. Look to your right and there is a giant retention pond with the remains of many ruts of some big arse trucks. There is another less-steep entrance across the way but I can't tell you how to get to it.

Like I said take some friends, cause there are no trees for winching.

If you see anyone out there send them my love, lol. Enjoy...

-zach-

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
ok cool thanks.....no cops go back ther right???? and yeah dude i wanna see your trukc in action too so tell me next time your gonna go out there too zach!!!
-Neil

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've never seen any cops back there. All of my friends with trucks go back there with me all the time, and we've even seen some fireman down there in all their personal 4x4's down there mudding with us. My friends that have cars have raced down that road numurous times...and so far there hasn't been a problem. It's outside Houston city limits, so that's a plus.

-zach-

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
oh really bad ass...yeah those Houston cops hate kids i swear, especially when we have nice trucks and cars they always pull us over for no reason i swear...
-Neil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts