Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone's familiar with the Tell Tale Heart from Poe, then you know what it's like to hear that knocking. For me I hear it when I'm in park. It's worse when the truck is cold, but I can still hear it after truck is warm. But again, it ONLY happens when I'm in park. It sounds as if it's coming from underfoot. In fact, I can feel it if I put my foot on the floor. This might seem like an all too common porblem, but it's new on me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
81 Posts
have you done any work in the tranny lately? sounds like it might be the torque converter bolts. or fly wheel an any rate get it checked out.

·
Registered
807 Posts
its your shift linkage. ive had mine fixed 3 times under warranty and its back again. im just gonna live with it. it only happens in park. try pulling down on the shift lever a little when its in park but dont take it out of park. i bet it goes away. i think it just loosens up after a while. doesnt hurt anything. its a common problem. my old ram did the same thing too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Canyonero02 is right, mine did the same thing but in any gear whils I was stoped only. When you take it in tell them you wer e told about a tsb report on the problem and they will replace the linkage mine has not done that since, so far so good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
my truck has the same problem. Its an annoying thumping or rattling by my left foot when im in park. Do all dodges do this or what?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sinwagon:

guess y'all can tell i deal with older stuff. BTW why does it sat pavement pounder under my user name?

Honestly, I have no idea, why, but I"m curious myself...

·
Registered
464 Posts
The more you post the higher you move in the ranking. Unless your a moderator in which case you never get any other titles officially.
-Chris

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
A small section of the Ram production got the wrong shift linkage installed (mid-summer 99 to winter 00 or ).

Mine has the same problem.

If under warranty, take it to the dealer, and tell them about the tapping against the floorboard TSB, it's been discussed before on here. Search for "95-08-00" and "TSB", as I think that's the number. maybe 9-08-00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts