Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and did some urban wheeling yesterday and broke my front lisence plate off and kind of messed up that stupid wind deflector under the front bumper. I was wondering how many of you have taken that stupid thing off; I'm going to throw it in the garbage it is pointless!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i uninstalled mine too..no difference that i could tell..makes the front look a bit taller! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
when i was running 33's on 15X10's stock, they kind of uninstalled it long ago, but it looks a lot better now. you can put your plate back on if you want, just be carful of it. or remember where you have been so you can go back and get it

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My whole front bumper stuff went Bye Bye when I installed my Reneul! Looks much better now!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
ive had my air dam (wind deflector) on since i bought my truck. unitl last weekend when i started going up some walls that were not quite low enough for me. so i, uh, uninstalled mine without even trying. :): it makes it look higher though.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
before my reunell that was the first thing to go. As for the liscense plate refasten it using the lower holes in the lp then its out of the way. Worst that could happen is you scrape it up.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
thats cool, I knocked my plate off in a mud hole so i just took it off and i put polished studs where the holes where. I just carry my plate with me.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Steering stabilizers can be used on 2x's as well.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yeah i got mine from Roughcountry.com
They have pretty good prices for the 2wd setup. I have no complaints on mine the setup was easy to mount up and my steering feels a lot more stable then before in the rough stuff

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Go to Roughcountry.com and call em. I bought mine 1year and a half ago i dont remember.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
the stabilizer doesnt hold your steering straight, it just absorbs shock to keep the wheel from turning out of control. it sounds like you have an alignment problem.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Bigger tires or wider tires should take care of your truck following the cracks and lines in the road.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
another thing, if your tires
(front) "shimmy" back and forth, your track bar (page 10-4 of the haynes manual) could be bad. mine went out a while ago, and that was the symptoms i had. grab the bar next to the ball joints and shack, if the are not tight, that could be it. if you do not have a book, it is the bar that connects the front axle to the frame. it connects on the right side just under the coil spring, and to the frame right over the pumpkin. if you are unsure next time you get it allinged, ask them to check it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts