Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man ya start adding lights and things and these trucks dont have much dash room for mounting switches....where are yours?pictures?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah that is for sure. When I added my driving lights, I had to mount the switch on the bottom of the dash, kinda down by the pedals, because there was no where else to put it! I know a lot of my buddies that I mud with have switches mounted down there as well.... just be careful you don't kick them! :):

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Check out the cup holder replacements for 94-97 Rams that are in the banners running in the Gallery. Marks makes some nice stuff. Fit lots of switches on that thing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
all my lights are remote controled got the things at auto zone and have them up where the garage opener goes i think its cool.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
SWITCHES? WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN' SWITCHES!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well shawn how the hell do you hook up your light then?? lmao!! ya tird!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put an old fashioned foot dimmer switch in my truck to turn my off-road lights on and off. Much faster than hunting for a switch on the dash in the dark.
(FWIW, the Ford switches work better than the GM's.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I mounted mine in the dash piece that wraps under the steering wheel. I have installed both large toggle switches and the swicth that comes with hella lights. I mounted them on the left side were it sort of bulges out before it slopes back toward the pedals. this way they are up high enough that you wont kick them with your feet.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I drilled out a hole in the useless garage door opener plate on the overhead console, and put a two-way toggle switch on it, and left enough room for 2-3 more toggle switches. Turned out real well, plus I mounted an idiot light right behind it to let me know that the light switch is on, so as not to drain the battery.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
if you're running a stick the plastic paneling that covers the base(and has cupholders w/99) makes a great place. keeps the wires under the carpet so people like me don't rip em out w/ my feet. i like the idea of the foot dimmer though

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have 4 toggle switches mounted in the knee panel, down low, on the right side. I had to cut out the foam backing to make room for them. You might be able to see them in one of pictures posted in "rides" (can't say for sure though, haven't checked)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn some fo you guys are electricians!! lmao!! wish i could get so fancy i like the overhead idea!! i have one switch mounted under my ash tray but just dont care for them so low!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Cool guys, this is where mine are...

I am thinking that if I want to add more I will put them in the useless sunglass holder area! :):

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Cool, I still need to get around to ordering one, but it is low on the prioriy list.

I also mounted a double pole/double throw/center off switch near the knee bolster on the left side of the steering wheel (in the dash part, not the removable part under the steering wheel, inline with the fuse panel). It controls my backup lights. One pole of one throw is for always on regardless of what gear I am in. The other throw is hooked up to the reverse circuit. The other pole of each throw is hooked up to a small LED so I can tell which mode it is in. The switch triggers the PIAA relay.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Anonymous, WHERE did yo get that bada$$ console at! I WANT one! I could go crazy with somehting like that! I have so many things to mount in my 2000, and I have nowhere to do it! I don't use the center as a seat, so I could definitely use one of those! PLEASE, please, please tell me where you got that!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
ther made by pilot i picket them at a parts store if you have the over head with out the comp. the pice by the windshild pops right out. i need to get a cam so i could show what im talkin about but if you look., you can see it. just pull it down grate spot for them .

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Are you talking about the center console that has the cd changeer in it? The one in the pics?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts