Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fixin to put a 7" suspension lift on my truck. Should i use the sway bar drop mounts with the stock sway bar or should i just leave the sway bar off??

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have 8.5" up front and just left mine off because I have the diesel coils and they are very stiff so there is very little body roll! I say leave it off and drive it for a day and if you dont like it then put it on! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
With it off you will have a ton more flex and some people think it rides smoother. But also some people say that there will be less stabiltiy, more body roll, etc.

Mine is off, and I can't even tell. Made no difference in ride or handling. I can kinda feel it a little when the highway turns at high speeds, but nothing to make me miss it. Made a huge difference in flex though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have the SJ 7in kit and no swaybar. The front is alot stiffer with the swaybar on.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Flip if over to where it goes down instead of up if you want to run it. it will work for the 7 inch kit

you will get a lot more flex without it tho

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
My one link broke off and I just eventaully took it off completely. You get more body roll, you will notice this quickly but you will get used to it. It will start to get a little less stable at high speeds on winding roads but I got used to mine and now don't have any trouble.

Here is when I had 1 broken link. You can see how far away the link is from the actual location it should be. Gave me a ton more flex.

[img=500x375]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/791000-791999/791159_152_full.jpg[/img]

MIke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts