Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rig has a 3-inch suspension lift. i know the 3-inch lift does not throw the angle of my steering/suspension components off by much; but it has taken them out of stock spec. my 2 questions: can i get longer links for my stabilizer (sway) bar and if so, from who? it seems that the links are at a hard angle and the stock grommets are shot out. it all works and is not giving me any problems – but i want to fix the angle if a longer link is available. In addition, what are your opinions about a drop pitman arm for a 3-inch lift? again, the angle is not off by much, but if i can extend the life of my ball joints and possibly the steering box by dropping my pitman arm, i would like to do it... .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your lift should have come with brackets that drop your sway bar down that go on the front of the sway bar where it bolts on. Mine did and everything runs square like it did stock. I don't think you want to drop your pitment arm with a 3" lift. Not unless you dropped your trac bar. Your steering arm should run at the same angle as your trac bar.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mt truck has a 4" trailmaster lift and I didn't need any mods to the sway bar. It did relocate the track bar and gave me a new drop pitman arm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There are big diffs in lift kits and systems. The system should come with absolutely everything you. the kits are just the basics. When we got the 5.5 skyjacker system it was just a matter of welding and some bolt-ons.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
For your pitman arm thats easy, a new pitman arm will look almost identicle to the old one but the hole for the drag link will be tapered in the opposite direction, probably worth the 75 bucks. For the sway bar, you could unbolt it from the frame and flip it upside down and bolt it back again, but... that only works on 97+ Im not sure about it on the pre 97's, but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I am in the same situation right now. I am not sure if I should replace the pitman arm as it should be ok up to 3" and I am at 2.5". Everything looks ok but I woulld feel better if I added the 3" drop pitman arm, and it would work if I was to go with a 5" lift later. The best price I found is $54 at jcwhittney for the 94-99 if you have a 00 or 01 like me well it will cost $80-$90 on the net some where. Hey let me know what you decide, it might help me decide
Later

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I dont think the drop pitman arm would hurt a Stock ram. Its worth 75 bucks easy, and yes the same drop pitman arm for a 3" kit will work with the 5.5" kit. It will extend the life or the joints on the draglink.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts