Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the stock mounting location for there Sway bar? Example, after I put my lift on I had to end up mounting the sway bar from the "top" of the mount rather than from underneath?!

Lemme know! :):

LUV24BY

·
Registered
502 Posts
Does your lift have any spacers that relocate the two mounting point on the frame? Every kit I have see has them and the link end does not change that I know of unless the lift comes with longer links.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the problem with my situation is that when the lift was on and the sway bar was going back into position, the portion of the sway-bar that is closest to the wheel used to be mounted from "underneath" the "mounting bracket." When it was tried to be put back to stock, the steering linkage now interfeared with the "from below" way to mount the "links." so, we just mounted the "links" to the sway-bar from the top rather than the bottom. I *DO* have the frame mount spacers, yet I believe I am going to take them off because it looks like if I did, the swaybar would parctically level and not goofy and pitched upwards.
Does that make sense or just a bunch of garbage?!? LOL
LUV24BY

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I cant really visualize what you are saying but on mine with 8" of susp. i used the skyjacker drop brackets and flipped the swaw bar upside down and rolled the bushings over 180 degrees to bolt it up. Works like a champ, i think anyone that has a 3" or 5" lift could make it work without the drop brackets. Try it, it only takes a minute.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Do alot of lifts make you relocate the sway bar? My 4" lift didn't.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey Foolish, I didnt relize that. Which is better you think? Mine is pretty east to modify, work on & take off.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Yes from looking at the 97 design it seems that the 98+ is much easier to work on. It is hard to describe but if you have a haynes they show the 97- front ends.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think I am going to try to flip mine over as described above. As much as I homeake crap I can't believe I have never thought about doing that before now. I have taken my swaybar off b/c it was rubbing the hell out of my draglink grease seal almost to the point of tearing it in half. I took it off and have been living with hellacious body roll with 7 inches of lift and no sway bar front or rear. I feel real stupid for not doing this earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts