Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say if your looking of something utilitarian as well as playful, check around your area for shops that work springs and see if they can arch a set for just 2-3 more inches while making the back stout enough for work but not hard enough to bounce out your coffee from it's cup.
LUV24BY

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Other wise you could always find leafs and springs off a different truck that would set your truck up higher 2-3 inches. XtremRanger was going to take the leafs and springs off old bronco to lift his truck, but then he bought a 3inch body lift from one of our friends. So i dont know if you can find a truck where the leafs and the springs will sit it up higher or not. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Maybe I am Wrong... but wouldnt a set of Airbags help ya out? you could lift it and then throw a set in there... easy enough, and when you need them, ya pump them up... buddy has them on his tahoe for when he pulls his camper... he says they work awesome!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too own a 85 in a similar situation. I have stock springs with rancho 3" add-a-leaf's, and 2" blocks in the back, with full 4" springs in the front. I got the "heavy duty" springs in the back and it never has sagged even when fully loaded with all my toys. I have been looking into putting S-10 springs on mine instead, I have a friend that does custom work like that. Apparently if you get those springs, replace the bottom leaf with a 3" add-a-leaf, you get one killer suspension, essentially "those springs will drop for days!" This will require some custom fabrication, and will drop you down to about 3.5" lift (not including the body lift). Just another idea that might be worth your while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts