Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i am about to put a suspension lift on my '98 dodge ram 4x4, and i had a question about which one to buy, which in your opinion is the best.....the 5" sky jacker double flex class II, the 5.5" fabtech dual shock set up, or the 5" Superlift set up ?? i have no idea of which of these is best/ more reliable also if you know the price of the skyjacker lift please help me out

·
Registered
58 Posts
From what i've read and heard, depends on what type of driving your gonna do....

the fab-tech will give better articulation because of the longer control arms....BUT...it aint cheap...

I have a skyjacker 3", and its ok......but i heard the 5" is really nice for the money.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
The Skyjacker stage II looks like a really good kit. I think that it is what I will end up with at some point.
I was thinking about the single flex. I have heard that the double flex has some issues on the street.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have a '98 Ram with the 5" Skyjacker Stage II kit with 35" tires and I'm very happy with this set-up...if you would like to see a picture of my truck, visit my homepage:

http://hometown.aol.com/tunisjlopez/myhomepage/index.html

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey tunis, is is yours double flex class II?? If so how much did that little number run you for installation and everything ?? and are there any problems?
And still does anyone know much about the fabtech sus. lift?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Gonzo,

Do you plan on doing alot of flexing? If not, you don't need the double flex system. I heard that the double-flex system gives you some kind of vibration problems (it's posted somewhere in here). I have the standard upper and lower control arms (no heim joints at either end), and my suspension system performs well while 4-wheeling!!!

Surf the net for the best deal on suspension kits. My kit was about $1200.00. The FabTech kit is expensive, but is a very well fabricated system, which gives you a lot of flexing capabilities. I've seen this kit go for $1700.00 for the top-of-the-line kit with dual shocks!!!...then there's installation! Usual shop rates are anywhere from $80-$100 per hour! OUCH!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I JUST put on a Fab-Tech lift on my '97. It cost me $1700 and I think it's worth every penny! The kit was installed be myself and 2 other friends. There are modifcations that are done to the truck which will NOT allow you to return to stock. I plan on wheelin' the hell out of the truck so it wasn't a concern! I fit 35's EASY and under HARD turning I feel just a nub of rub - but I have MT/R's too. I would vote for the Fab-Tech - It was my final choice!
LUV24BY
P.S Want to see it, look in the readers rides!

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
:roll: welcome to 2001

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
holy 6 year old thread batman :rotfl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in the process of getting a 3" procomp lift for my 2003 . I want m/t's 35" with new wheels by next year . work in progress

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
On 2007-04-23 17:34, BlueDodgeRam wrote:
holy 6 year old thread batman :rotfl:

:rotfl: thats just funny!

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
On 2007-04-24 22:13, Knuckles wrote:
cool tear in the side of your truck

oh thats not a tear, its just his rockers rusted out :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
On 2007-04-24 22:13, Knuckles wrote:
cool tear in the side of your truck

cool activities listed in your profile man, everyone knows how cool it is to drink and drive............ :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts