Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pretty much set on the skyjacker but can anyone tell me the difference(good,bad) with a superlift. it's slightly cheaper and when your poor like me even a few bucks can make difference. just wondering what people had to say about superlift.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've seen one in person, and it looks like a pretty cool lift, but I don't know how the change from 4-link to radius-arm would affect flex and ride.

Probably not a good lift for rocks, but probably a decent one for mud. Seems like Superlift is more into mud and Skyjacker is more into flex.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Superlift sux for Rams. Uses a double block for the rear, no shims for driveshaft angle, the control arms blow=no flex. There is a reason it is cheaper, you get what you pay for. I am one to research, and this lift was eliminated immediately off my list when I saw what happens to the rear end without shims, and the "shaved" block doesn't cut it. Gears get munched after awhile, due to extreme driveshaft angle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Dodge designed the susp. on he rams to have a pair of control arms on each side, and yet the braniacs at superlift decided to focus all the stress from the front axle to just one lower frame mount...Bad Idea, go Skyjacker, if you havent heard they are the BEAR of suspensions...what a corny slogan.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
SKYJACKER~> YES!!!

SUPERLIFT~> NO!!!

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've got a skyjacker lift and I love it. No problems at all. It has alot of flex to it! I think my truck would flex more if I had long shocks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Even though I am having to work out a couple of bugs in my lift I am still happy with Skyjacker. I would not even think about Superlift.
I have yet to figure out what is up with their front control arm V set up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Take it from a guy with a Superlift kit. Stay away !!!!! I had to make my own lift for the rear because they wanted me to stack blocks !!!!! I did temporarily and then one day their block cracked and got spit out. The axle wrapped and I ripped off the driveshaft. As for the front end.....I don't care for the 4 link converted, they have limiting straps that alow the front axle to drop about 2" only. Why you ask ?? Because if they allow more travel, the bump stop brackets hit the spring. Hell those front springs are so tight that you may as well take off the bump stop brackets. The only way you will ever bottom out is if a semi fell on the front of your truck. The sway bar brackets didn't line up right either so I yanked the bar off. Can't tell the diff. I will say one thing though, the superlift does ride good off road. I took it out at a jobsite on dry clumpy dirt and at 55 it was decently smooth. Not too much boucing and not to rough. By the way, if you are asking me why I chose this kit it's because my wife suprised me with it for a gift. I can't argue with that can I ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts