Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of these put on yesterday. Since my truck is stock height (for now) I got the 285/75/r16's. So far I love them. They are quite on the road and have the super swamper performance off the road.

·
Registered
100 Posts
do you have 16x7 rims? how bad do they bubble on the sides i have been told that 265's is my limit with 16x7's. but alot of people have the size you are running.thanks for any input.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've been running 285/75/16 BFG ATs for 50,000 miles on the stock 16x7 rims. Keep your pressures between 40 and 45 psi depending on your truck (1500 or 2500) and loaded weight. Alot of people make the mistake of inflating their tires to the max pressure on the sidewall. This will cause excessive wear in the middle of almost any tire unless it is loaded to the max weight. I've never had a problem with the tires and I do alot of driving on the beach with the tires aired down.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I got these tires mounted on the stock rims. I believe they are 16x7. They clear fine, and dont looked stuffed at all. Makes it look alot better than the stock tires!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the 35x12.5 TRXUS for my next set of tires, what type of stuff did you try them in off road??

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went out on a trail with mud and got up into the snow. The side tread is pretty gnarly. It doesnt really look very tough in the pictures but they do really well.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah I noticed that small sidebiter on the sidewall, they look like a good tire and they would fit perfectly on my 16x8's.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The March 2002 issue of OFF ROAD magazine has a tire test of the 285/75/16 TRXUS's and they loved the. One thing they emphasized is that the tires make little to no noise on the highway :):

·
Registered
969 Posts
Tire noise is something I can live with because I like my swampers. However I wonder how those TRXUS's wear. They must last pretty long even though they are called a mud terrain. Let us know how they do and if they do well they will probably be my next tire.

·
Registered
285 Posts
What is the sidewall construction of these tires? Are they as tough as the BFG triple sidewalls? Have you driven in heavy rain with them?

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
well if anyone has the new all terrains that they came out with tell me something about em cause im pretty interested to see how they do

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i agree with white sport. the a/t's are gonna clog up and for some reason i don't think they'll be worth a s*** in deep mud or anything really nasty. might be a good sand tire. stick with the mud. kelly tires put out a tire w/a similiar tread design(wild trac baja's) before they went out of business and i love them. I run them on a toyota and you can't stop em unless you get high centered, but that'll stop any tire.
go with the MUD

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have 285/75/16 Trxus on the stock 16x7 wheel. It is not any problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So how about the wear Tims.... I am worried that they will wear like other swampers and I definitely do not want that. Are there any cons to them in your opion?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts