Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the whole day muddin with my friends in a swamp that we built. One guy has a 92 yota on 31x13.50 SX's. Well he got stuck for the first time in his life( he has only been muddin for 3 or 4 months now but he made a big deal about it) and the SX's really sucked. They didnt clean themselves worth a crap and just basically buried him until the the tires were just slick with mud. Has anyone else noticed that they're not very good in mud? I dont think it was the mud because my Uniroyal Laredo M/T's went through it just fine and they arent the greatest tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Buddy, I have a 94 Toyota 4x4 and I have 35 inch Pro Comp Mudds and they work fairly well in mud but sometimes have trouble cleaning themselves. SuperSwamper SX's are not good it most mud, but are mostly made for rockcrawling because of their strong sidewalls and ther bite. That is one reason that they suck in mud, because of their layout. Your the first member in here that I have found that has a Yota
Cya later,
Britt

·
Registered
969 Posts
The SX's sidebiters DO help in the mud. Sometimes its not always the tires fault for getting stuck, it can be a combination of other things. One mud event I frequented was always one by the same 85 Chevy and it was running 38.5 SX's and they always plowed through the mud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts