Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these the other day in a magazine and I'm very interested in a set of these since I don't take my truck offroad all that much. Don't much like the tread pattern, but they are said to wear really good with little road noise. The reason I like them so much is becuse interco makes them. Has anyone else seen these tires? What are all you opinions on them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
i think ther butt ugly if u ask me. if u really dont want a mud tire why dont u go with a bf goodrich or pro comp?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yuck. If you don't go offroad, why not get a regular tire? Nothing made by Interco is going to last very long on the street. If you want tread life, get a BFG or a Cooper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody makes an all terrain tire in the 39.5" tire besides MT which I dont want. I don't think it's a very good looking tire either, but I was more looking at the tread wear. I guess I'll just go with the TSL's. Love 'em.
-Travis

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
yup..i've seen those in person..they are FUGLY!!! :p:

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
im still not sure if i like em or not. wanted to see em in real life before i made a real opinion. you know they are coming out with a lot more sizes and they are gonna make a 44x21. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I know whats the deal with that? Boggers and TSL's don't even come in a 44x21!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think they are for the show truck commnuity, 21" wide isnt very practicle either. The show guys need 44's but no meat, just somthing to look cool, I dont think they look cool but im sure the show guys do.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah thats true, running 44x21's on a daily driver isn't very realisitc.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i dunno its just me but i dont think they look to bad. when i see em person and see how they do off road i can really make an opinion on em

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have seen these in person and the size I saw was 44x21. They were mounted on a 15x14 weld typhoon. This is a huge tire! It looks like a round bale of hay under each fender. Believe it or not they were under a 91 Toyota. Oh yeah it has over 20 inches of lift, an LT1 T/H350 and Dana 60's on each end. It is a show truck but it gets driven at least once a week. Tires are unique, but that size was enormous. I thought about em due to tread life and cost. They are relatively cheap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Travis, First of all why in the hell do you have 39.5's on a truck that you dont take offroad much, that's kinda like people saying to me "why did you put a lift on a 2wd" but hey at least i leave the pavement. .Here's an idea if your worried about tread life and you dont really offroad much you could bring the truck down a bit and get some a/t's . But hey if your all show and no go then that's your decision.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I understand his point, have you priced 40 inch tires lately? Do you know how fast they wear? I off road a lot, and I would still run sts. In the mud, if you can spin a chunk of rubber 40 inches tall you have a good chance of going forward regaurdless of the tread. For those of us who need our truck for daily transportation, putting on a set of new $100 tires every 12,000 miles is a bit ridiculous. That means going through a set of tires before needing to change the tranny fluid. And I understand his desire to sit up high and have big tires. WHere I live the most common off-road obstacle is deep mud and creek crossing w/ 2-3 feet of water. Every inch of added height is another inch of water kept out of the floorboards. My truck will soon have 10 inches of lift and 37 or 38 inch tires. I need the frame out of the mud and the motor/tranny/tcase out of the water. He might be thinking the same. I would rather have bald 40 inch tires that brand new 33" mud tires any day of the week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys, I love lifted up trucks. I've always wanted to own one for a long time. Now that I have the chance to build the truck of my dreams, I'm not going to hesitate. If I want to put 39's under my truck, so be it. Why do you guys always have to come down upon someone who dont' drive their truck in the mud on a daily basis? I only take my truck offroading about 2 times a month beacause I put a lot of money in my vehicle, and I plan on putting more into it. I don't want to go out and ram it around in the bushes and break it. Sure it's fun, that's why I have my '71 jeep for. It's a junker with a little lift and 32" tires. That's my trail toy. I'm sure that some of you are honestly just trying to give me some advice, and I thank you, but some of you are trying to make me sound like a dumbass for doing all of this to my truck and not "using" it. That's the worst thing about this site. Sorry if I'm sounding like and ass, but I had to get this off my back. At least I'm not driving around in some import lowrider. We're all here to offer advice and make a few friends. Let's just stick to that.
-Travis

1 - 20 of 21 Posts