Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a sunroof in there ram. When I bought my truck there was a yellow light bolted to the roof. I want to remove it and put in a sunroof but I am afraid of leaking due to body twist.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Have a shop do it for you, and make sure they have a warranty on it. then if it leaks, take it back to them.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I guess you could do it in yours cause being a 97 it is a Club cab. But in quad cabs I think there are some issues with structural integrity of the cab.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If there is one thing I have learned over the years with sunroofs its that if it didnt come from the factory dont cut one in. Like foolish said there might be a question of structural integrity and also they will all leak in time, even the factory installed ones leak in time. I would really love to have one myself and a shop here in town does offer a leak quarantee but I am hesitant to do it because its permenant you cant put the metal back and the motorized roof I want is also like 600 bucks. I could get something more worth while like some swampers or my body lift and beer( the beer help the install go a little easier haha.) hope this help you...

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a sunroof in my 97 and its been there since 97 no problems with leakin yet only the right side drive track broke so i replaced the right and left track and it still works like a champ

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i was worried about that structual thing. But I can't get through NJ inspection with that light up there. I thought about welding the holes and refinishing the roof but that just seems like a pain in the ass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts