Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good time this weekend at Stumpy Meadows. 19 trout over two nights. The stock the lake so that helps. We only caught rainbows, but the lake is supposed to have browns as well as large and small mouth bass.

The water is really high this year, right up to the tree line. We had to fish from the high bank, about 5 feet above the water in the trees/bushes.

[attachment=13378]

Once we found the end of the shelf out in front of us we could get the bait a lot deeper, its was good fishing. Had to cast pretty far though, about 30 yards. Powerbait and Fire bait of nearly any color/scent was working.

It a nice lake. 10hp and 5mph limit on boats, so I was able to get my float tube out and cross the lake to the opposite shore.

[attachment=13379]

Here is my FIL, daughter and her friend showing off the first night's catch

[attachment=13380]

Here is my youngest reeling in her fish for the night

[attachment=13381]

there are some decent sized fish out there. most average size, but a couple bigger ones

[attachment=13385]

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like a great time was had by all. It is really fun to share the outdoors with friends/family. By the way, you've got a good looking family there Boss. Thanks for sharing the pics. Did you cook the fish with your new camp kitchen setup?

David

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife prepped the fish on the kitchen setup, but they were cooked over the campfire. Yummy, yummy. Stuffed with capers, onion salt and butter, wrapped in foil.

·
Registered
110 Posts
:drool: That does sound good!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Looks like you and the family had a good time. Beautiful lake and it looks like the fishing was good. It's great to just get away from everyday stuff and relax...

But I got to say, there's something just not right with this pic... lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts