Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to pull out a ford ranger today so it was a great test for my new 4.56's. I'am very pleased on how they do on the pavement but this time I got to try them out in 4WD. They make a huge difference in power (especially torque). The truck can crawl through the mud with no difficulty. Amyways The ranger got high centered badly in some rutts, it took 3 hours with a high lift jack amd me pulling to get the rear end onto the middle strip between the ruts. This was all in close quarters with no room to move around and on a steep hill. Its a good thing he had a cell phone because we took just his truck. Pulling out a high centered vehicle is much harder than pulling one out of a mud hole.

96 Ram 5.2L V8 4" trailmaster suspension lift, Flowmaster Dual exhaust, 36" swamper radials on 16x8 US wheels, 4.56 Gears, Grizzly rollbar 2 KC daylighters, Mopar pcm, [email protected] cold air intake, bed mounted spare tire carrier with a full size spare

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh by the way we broke 2 tow straps, one we broke in 2 places afeter we tied it together, and we also snapped one of his tow hooks right off, not off the frame but snapped it in half.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
you didnt try that hill in el mirage. maybe if you would have had that 2inches of lift you would have

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
its ok he wouldnt have made it anyway. I only got a 1/4 of the way up in my dodge before i started spining my tires.
but then again that back when i was stock with crapy tires. i could prolly make it now with my 2iches of show lift.

·
Registered
110 Posts
your right...you probabely need the two inches just to get up and over some of the rocks that were littering the trail.

·
Registered
110 Posts
your right...you probabely need the two inches just to get up and over some of the rocks that were littering the trail.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Inside joke? I must have missed that one :dunno:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
im not surprised at all that brian made it up. to those that dont know, it can be amazing what a 4x4 can do.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do any of these replies have anything to do with the original post????

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
no, but that jeep was a suzuki with a 4stroke motor and it didnt get stuck it just had no balls to get up the hill

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
rawkon actually it was a 2 stroke, which i think is what you meant. it doesnt have the low end torque of 4 strokes to make it up the hill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts