Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GMC JIMMY it has push button 4 wheel drive,The light is on and im stuck in 4 wheel high,Is there any simple way i can get this back into 2 High until i get the problem fixed?????

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Maye you could pull the fuses for the fourwheel drive or disconnect your actuator at the differential!! dont know alot about the new body style Autotrac type stuff Good luck BIGWILL

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have just the opposite problem, no matter what buttons I push I'm still stuck in 2WD! :D:

·
Registered
327 Posts
pull the actuator to unlock 4wd. while you hae it out of the diff, check to see if it engages and disengages like it should. if it does, there should be another screwed in switch somewhere close to the actuator on the diff, pull that out and see if that is stuck engaged, if it is, that could be the reason your stuck in 4wd. that's what happened to my truck.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
try pushin or holdin the 2 wheel button,,then try shifting in drive or reverse,,maybe it will free it up,??

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had that problem once. drive in reverse and at the same time try and take it out of 4WD. Sometimes the stuff can become binded (is that a word??) and kinda lock up.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
for some unknown reason i have the same problem as identity crissis im stuck in 2wd all the time :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
On 2003-04-09 12:26, chevybiatch wrote:
Damn push button 4 wheel drives. :nono:

Hey, I have one. It has done OK by me so far. I want to swap in a Atlas 2 with the 4:1 low. :idea: :idea:

If you can't get it to come out at all, just pull the front shaft till you figure it out. The t-case will spinn the yoke, but w/o a shaft you shouldn't have any diff handling than in 2wd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try backing up a lil bit, then put it back in drive and push it, or back up, push it, and go forward.. Had a buddy who had his get stuck, he would back up, i think push 2wd and then go forward and it would disengage.. Or, back up, kill then engine, start it up and then push it. He had to do that before. Dont ask, i have no clue, it just worked......

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
On 2003-04-09 11:43, ChrisD wrote:
isn't there a way to push two buttons at the same time to put it in neutraul?

yes, you push and hold 2hi and 4lo for like 10 seconds or something.

when you push the button, does the 4hi light flash or anything? if it doesnt flash then the problem is in your switch. If it does flash, what happens when you go into Auto 4wd, and does it go into 4lo?

reverse does seem to work best but just keep pushing it while your driving around and see what happens, you can shift in and out of 4hi whenever you want to so dont be worried.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stuck in 2 or 4 wheel drive ???
Unplug motor on front wheel engage.(It's on the rt front axel housing).Disconnect wiring harness and check for power on pin C ( bottom lh side of the harness.)with key on and engine off and 4wd hi selected.No power check fuse in eng comp. If powered , unscrew motor from housing(careful it's plastic) With motor out connect harness to motor and with key on alternately select 2wd-4wd 2wd. Motor should push plunger out in 4wd and retract in 2 wd.
With power turned off , in opening where 4wheel engage motor was removed push in and out with your finger to make sure front wheel engage mech is not stuck, its spring loaded out and should move easily.Ifstill not working have selector switch checked out. P.S. (red Lite) Neutral is for towing ONLY. Good Luck.. Rusty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts