Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the good and the bad of running straight pipes out behind the converter? One good i know is its loud as sheeeeet, but what else?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Bad could be getting harrassed by the cops, and if you dont have a chip, you may actually lose power. Just make sure the truck has the balls to back up the sound.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i was running a straight pipe behind the converter, it was loud as sheeeeet! i have the 5.2Li didnt notice a difference in performance but it was just too loud to be a daily driver and do alot of stop and go driving. i put magnaflow exhaust on

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you don't like the harrasing by cops for the "loud as sheeeeet" part, I would recommend going with Flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust. A friend of mine has it on his 305 and it sounds awesome. Personally, I went with 3 chambers with 3" pipes and 3.5" tips, a nice low rumble that sounds mean but not to loud.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beleive it or not the cat is not as restrictive as some may think (unless its clogged)in general its the muffler that provides the needed back pressure, and that is where the low end torque comes from.In your case, depending on the size of strait pipe you use (dia/length)it will effect how the power comes on.Less back pressure will allow the motor to rev,more back pressure makes torque.Take your choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts