Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if someone has a stock(tires and gears) 88 4X4 yota, take note of the rpm in 4th gea at about 50 mph please. thanks. or, what would be a strong gear ratio with 37" boggers.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Once I can findout how fast the mouses legs are running at that speed....naw, j/k! Ummm....4.88's or 5.29's on the 37's. I personally would say the 4.88's - a more stout gear.
LUV24BY

·
Registered
83 Posts
iw oyuld try and stick to the 488s if possible as the higher gear you go the skinnier the crown gear becomes.

the skinnier the gear the weaker it gets.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man... my buddy and i just figuered out the ratio that is in this truck today. i am still laughing. he bought it from this guy who is real stupid, and he said they were 4.10's. well, from what we have been hearing, the 4.10's should have been stronger than what it was. so we jacked up the ass-end, and started counting. low and behold there is some 2.25 or less gear in the back of this. and that is not the bad thing! this wonder brain never touched the front! so there is a stock 4.10 in it! i guess. crazy! lucklly he has another yota axle with a 4.10 and a l/s in it so i know what this weekends project is going to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts