Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got all the steering and wheel u-loints replaced in the front end and it still feels like it is in 4x4 if turing sharp (truck skips) copuld it have somthing to do with the gear lube or could it just be the factory LS trying to activate on teh snowy slippery roads/parking lots????

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
are you talking about the front axle or the rear axle? b/c i dont think dodge ever had a LS in the front axle.

if your talking about the rear and they just changed the fluid and added the friction additive it probably does act alittle different.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
i know what your talkin about i have the same thing, when i mkae tiight turns it feels likes it lockin up just a little bit, i can hear it best when its been raing and i pull inot a parking deck and it makes a little squeel on the slick concrete. mine is def from the front and i dont have a ls in the back.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mopar, i am talking about the skip and dont know where it is coming from and am asking if it could be the rear Ls or if it still is the front

and hieneken49, i dont hear much over my moter the truck actually jumps like it is in 4x4 on dry pavement and trying to turnm as shap as possable

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
On 2005-12-04 16:47, cummins freak wrote:
mopar, i am talking about the skip and dont know where it is coming from and am asking if it could be the rear Ls or if it still is the front

and hieneken49, i dont hear much over my moter the truck actually jumps like it is in 4x4 on dry pavement and trying to turnm as shap as possable

sounds like the CAD is not disengaging.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
it could be the rear but it is probably the front, what exactly was done to the front axle, it sounds to me that the cad is somehow messed up.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stupid cad i was hoping it wasn't that well where's that posi loc info on how to do it and where t oget it also i had the ball joints, axelshaft u-joints, all tre's and the drag link tre's replaced mopar.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
im talking about the skip as well, just a little skip when the floor is wet and the tires do alittle squeek

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
If the tcase has disengaged, the CAD would only cause poor mileage...think about it, the new trucks do not even have an axle disconnect and they don't wiggle.

One thing I do know that will cause the condition you describe is front tire pressure too low.

And as Mopar indicated, if you don't have the correct additive in with the older (ie pre 2003) LSDs, they will "chatter" which could feel like you describe.

steved

1 - 9 of 9 Posts