Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen a lot of the sidewinder steps that fold out when you open the door but havent really heard much about em. same thing about the throttle body spacers...good or bad or what for both????

·
Registered
267 Posts
tbi spacers are a weird thing. if your truck is stock internally, you may not notice any difference. if you step it up with a hypertech or a hotter ignition system, then maybe you'll get the benefits of longer plenum runs, otherwise your reducing your bottem end power.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i have a friend who put on a throttle body spacer and he says it gave him some more power and better gas mileage. the only other mods he has is an exhaust and air intake.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
TB spacers are only worth it on TBI (thorttle body injection) systems like GM uses/used. You get no added benifit if you have MPI (multi-port injection) like the Rams have. The benefit with TBI systems is you get a few more inches for better air-fuel mixing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Helix power tower, a airaid intake,jet chip,straight exhaust from the cat back. Sometimes I dont know what to do with all the power. I have a MSD waiting for installation. Has you heard about the new
7" skyjacker for us dodge boys. Cant find it anywhere

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i have both the steps and the power aid TB spacer, the power aid is annoying at some throttle positions, not much gain there, the sidewinder steps are sweet but at 180 bucks each that is pretty high, and the carpet must come up for installation or it will look like dog piss.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
by carpet has to come up, do you mean that you just lift it then put it back down, or is it a perminant thing?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You have to unbolt the driver and pass. seat pull back the carpet to expose the floor below, you only have to pull it back about 14 or 16 inches, but it is time consuming. maybe an extra 30 mins. per side, not too bad. The step actually has 4 bolts that hold it to the truck, 2 are in the floorboard, below the seat/under your feet, the other 2 are on the bottom of the rocker panel. Ive had one of my steps, completely dissasembled, I would say its a good design overall. If need be parts could be replaced pretty easily. I think from start to finish with wiring it took me 4 hours to do both. You need to make an effort to hide all the wires that come with it, I think there is 5 wires per side.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what im afraid of with those steps is that they will break or just not last at all. so are they pretty sturdy or what??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts