Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new stabilizer to replace the whimpy stock one and it took almost all the vibration out of the front end I got from putting in the lift and tires!!!It took awhile to get the stock one out I banged the **** out of it and nothing....finally I jacked up the front end and it came right out with a few taps so if anyone is going to do this remember to jack up the front end!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I've had a replacement stabalizer sitting around ever since I installed my lift because I could never get the old one out. I'll have to try that soon.

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
I had to drill mine out after trying a pickle fork (which is now mangled) and even heating it didn't help.

Started with a 3/16", then 3/8" then finally 1/2". Went through a drill motor as well.

I hate the stock setup...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Would it be a good idea to put on a replacement stabalizer without a lift or bigger tires? Would it make any difference?

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
I would recommend replacing the stock stabilizer even without a lift and tires. Just like the stock shocks, they are a P.O.S.

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
The Off-Road version may be a bit different, I am not sure. All I know is that the regular shocks sucked.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thanks for the tip. My stock steering stab. has given up it's ghost! long ago, but is now bleeding oil. Time for it to go. I wouldn't have imagined having any problems getting it out, but if I do, I'll remember to lift the front!

Troy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea i would suggest a stablizer for anyone espically if they go off-road anyware, I like the dual, Really smooths it out, but im also weird about how she drives, lol

-=DixieDodge=-

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I had to double-up pickle-forks on mine to get it off, But the "secret" on mine was to strike the bolt itself, and not the nut on the bolt. Shot the bolt out 10' behind the truck when it came loose (3# sledge).

replacing the stock stabilizer will have a HUGE affect on how smooth the truck is.

For shocks, regardless of the Off-Roads or not, replace them all with RS9000s. Adjustable at $65 each, and a limited lifetime warranty.

It's the concensus of a mailing list that I'm on, DiRT (Dodge Ram Trucks), that the stock shocks, Off-road or normal, are crap. I'd replace them the day I bought a new truck, to do it over again. And throw in the remote in-cab dual-adjuster, too

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well i was bored.. so i looked all the way through this whole board. lol love getting paid just to sit on the computer!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
WTF?????????????

6 years ago dude. wow....and a worthless post at that :roll:

·
Registered
870 Posts
I know 6+ years old!! sorry. just read all 500+ pages of post!! again sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts