Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a dual steering stabilizer with tires 35" or less be overkill? Would the dual setup effect the turning ability of the truck?

·
Registered
340 Posts
It wouldn't affect the steering at all. If you are going to go with something smaller than a 35" tire you may just want to have one.. You don't want to damper out to much. Just in case there is a problem of some sorts you would not want to hide it until it got to big. Know what I mean.. Hope this helps.. DDGETHS

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is 35" the middle of the road where you could go either way, with a single or a double? I ask because I do want to put 315's on eventually.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
yea its up to you. I dont see how it can hurt havin dual stabalizers. Roughcountry.com has a good dual setup.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You can also buy the dual stabilizer setup and leave one shock off, that isnt a problem at all, later you can put it on if you feel you need or want it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, it didn't even dawn on me that I could buy the dual and just use one until I get the 315's if the duals is too much for the 285's I have on now. Now does anyone have or know about the Skyjacker dual setup, if so how do you like it?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would look at the dual in line from SkyJacker. I like the way that it fits my truck. It works very well.
With 35s you don't need the dual but it cant hurt either. I went with it since I got 36's

I would have gotten it with 35's or maybe 34's but that is just me.

Bill

·
Registered
502 Posts
That looks almost exactly like the Skyjacker set up. Then again there are only so many ways that you can install a dual inline set up on these trucks :):

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice set up on that 2500!!! Personally I run 35" MT/R's and a single Doesch Tech Stablizer. I am very happy with the single set up and if I decided to goto 37's I might upgrade to the duals at that point.
Personally I feel the Trackbar and other linkage needs to be upgraded for handling before simpler things - but that's just my opinion! :p:
LUV24BY

·
Registered
52 Posts
i put a dual skyjacker kit on a buddy of mines 2001 that we put 35 inch ssr's on. he loves it. the kit costs about 90 bucks shipped to your door from 4wheel parts. the install is pretty easy too. i have a the stabilizer that came with the 5 inch skyjacker on mine. i also have a 2001 but i'm running 38.5 thornbirds. the dual will be here in a couple of days.
Hag

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wheelrr15, the skyjacker dual stabilizer for $90 from 4wheel parts. Is that 4wheelparts.com? I was just on their website and only found the Rancho stabilizers. One other question is the skyjacker setup you bought, are the shocks inline or parallel to each other?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
UdeLuz,

Was there any way to install that dual-inline setup that brought the shocks up in-line with the center of the axle-tubes, instead of hanging below the axle tubes, waiting to get bashed in on things?

I've killed two stabs because they are the lowest point other than the diff in my front axle...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The center double shock bracket comes off the bottom of the axle tube, if you flipped it upside down so it came off the top of the axle and bolted the stabilizers on top of the tie rod it may improve the ground clearence on it, but I dont think modifing that is gonna help you much.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i had that problem with my stock stabilizer, but i was told by a couple companies that their upgraded shocks have a feature "double-wall" or something like that. it supposedly makes it stronger than the factory shock. i havent replaced mine yet so i dont know.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I am waiting to install the 37" SSRS but for the time being I still have my 285x75's. I have the Skyjacker dual stabilizer and I was very suprised at how effortless my steering still is. I thought it would be a much firmer feel but it is smooth as silk. I love the ride, and thats with little tires (aprox 32")!!
P.S. I had trouble fitting the lower shock into the bracket and smashed it with a rubber mallet. The dent is huge but the shock still works smoothly. I just put it on top and flipped it over. Must be a tube within a tube.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, I got tired of trying to find the skyjacker dual inline stabilizer on 4wheelparts.com website so I called them to see if they had it and they told me they do have it but it is $120. I would like to know where you guys are getting them for under $100.

·
Registered
502 Posts
lsgibb,

I got mine from 4 wheel parts and it was under $100 not sure how much under but it was under.
I wouldnt pay any more than $100 for it. Find it anywhere else and make them price match.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts