Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my truck just needs an alignment but i'm not positive that's the only prob. It pulls pretty good to the right, especially around highway speeds. but when turning to the left my truck is really stiff then it breaks loose and cuts in really sharp. it's a really wieird prob.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We went through this topic on this site awhile ago. I had the same problem with my truck and brought it back and told them to check the front end out. And everything was fine. What happens is when you lift a truck and put taller and wider tires on it the truck wants to follow the crown in the road which makes it pull to the right.It seems alot of people have the same problem with there trucks.Take your truck down the highway in the fast lane where the crown slops to the left and I bet your truck dosen't pull to the right then.Or even try going dead down the center of the road for a minute.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing is i put shorter narrower tires on it. i had 32x11.5 and sold them for cash and trade on remington mud brutes(factory rims) that are 265/75. i just had them put on and watched the guy balance them so i don't think that plays a part. not sure if i notice the turning thing more now that i've taken the wider tires off or what

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't notice under your post that it said soon to come 35" tires I saw 35" tires and thought that was what you were running.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Something you might try... i f measure the height of your tires (actual height, not what they say they are) with a straight edge and a measuring tape. Put the two tires that are tallest on the RIGHT side of the vehicle and put the two smaller ones on the LEFT side. That will help correct for road crown.

Also Sears will hook ur truck up to the alignment machine for free, however if it needs an alignment they'll do it and charge ya for itm if it don't need it there is no charge.

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts