Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have this problem with my ram, ok get this when i am going 30 mph going straight the steering wheel is dead center but at 70 i have to turn the wheel to the right like 1/8 turn to keep it straight? what is up with that?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
you balancing/alingment and all that correct?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup just got it alined last week i took it back to the tire center i thought they the belts were seperatiing so they gave me one new tire on the drivers side but that didn;t fix it

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Sportram,

I have the similar problem, and Im thinking its my steering shaft. I was thinking of swapping mine out for a Borgeson aftermarket steering shaft. Does anyone out there have one of these installed on their trucks???

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
have you looked at your bushings on the control arms. its a long shot, but maybe at the higher speeds its compressing the bushing which is making the axle turn that way.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine does that too. I can't figure it out. I think it may be because my steering box is week or something. Who knows. Thats why I want to get a steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I dont think a steering stabalizer is goin to help that problem but you never know. correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure all they do is let you have better control when driving over rough terrain and i also heard that your tires in the front wear a lot better.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think your righ rawkon. What about you track bar? COuld that cause that if its worn out???? I dont know for shure but It might be worth checking into.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
in the one section of dodgeram.org, there is a tech who gives different specs for aligning the track then what the shop might use. he says that if the caster isnt the same and with a certain spec (3-4 degrees) that it will pull and drive oddly, even the tech sets it to spec. mine does the same thing, im getting ready to paint the frame and axles blue metallic, so im going to have to redo the alignment and ill try those specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts