Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No way i would be able to go this high or anything liek that, i was just wonderin.

Say i have a 1/2 ton ram 4x4. I get a 5" skyjacker with front and rear springs. Then i get a 3" body lift.

Now, say i am still not satisfied. Could i, if i wanted to, add a 3" procomp or rancho. It seems like if those lifts are made to put a spacer on the stock coils and blocks under the stock rear leaf springs, then you should be able to put the spacer on the new 5" coils and the rear block on the new 4" leaf springs. I know you would need to do some other mods to relocate the axles to the center of the wheel wells and correct the steering with that much suspensoin lift and you would probably need drive shaft mods too. I also know that if youre going to go with that much suspension lift you would be better off just getting a custom kit with 8" springs and all the parts you need but i was just curious if this would work. It might be, if it would work, the cheapest funcional way to get that much suspension lift for your truck; for example you already had a 5" system that cost you nearly $2000 that you dont really want to throw out and you want alittle more suspension lift.

Anyway, like i said, im not planning on doing anything like this to my truck, i was just wondering if it would work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
For the money, you might be better getting custom wound front coils, and an all-new rear leaf-pack, if you want to go that high.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you do not have any lift at all yet I would hold off till Skyjacker releases their 7 inch kit and see how that works for you.

Bill

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-03-22 16:45, Bill_L wrote:
If you do not have any lift at all yet I would hold off till Skyjacker releases their 7 inch kit and see how that works for you.

Bill

hell it might be even cheaper to have custom leaf springs made for front and back for tha lift and fab up some mounts for the front. ive put leafs on the rear of a truck after i took off a 4 link suspension and hydraulics and it wasnt that hard. just measure twice, weld once.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
In the front I see no problem.....wait that might be because that is how my setup is right now. Stacking blocks in the rear is a no no, Unless its a pavement princess then go for it. I wouldn't advise it if you intend to wheel at all. The reason I have the spacer in the front was to level out after swapping in the dana 60 and 70. The new rear factory block for a 3/4 is 3" taller than the 1/2 ton trucks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 00' Ram 3/4 ton. He did exactly what you are asking. 5.5 Skyjacker, 3" Rancho coil spacer, and a 3" body. Truck is huge and had no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The only problem with running a coil spacer on the front end is two things: You will have to get custom control arms made, to recenter the axle. 2. You will void any warranty that Skyjacker has on those coil springs in the front, as they were not designed to have them on. I think the suggestion of waiting for the 7" lift is a better idea, the cost will probably be about the same anyways, instead of just buying two kits and piecing them together. What is a couple of weeks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts