Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on the internet last night that AIM industries has a set of rear lift shackles for Dodges. The question I have is that they have shackles for the front of the spring and the back of the spring sold seperatly. To achieve the lift do you have to buy a set of them for only the rear, or do you have to buy the front shackles too?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
got a website, id like to see these, i dont think it would provide much lift unless it has a whole new bracket. Like the 5" B.D.S. one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, go to http://www.aimind.com and click on the 4x4 lifts then go to shackles and hangers I think that Dodge is on the 2nd page. I also thought that an 8" shackle would provide 4" of lift also. Aim Industries also has a 9.5" lift kit out too. Has anyone heard of it, and how good it is?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
too much lift from a shackle can mess with the angle the spring goes. i would think you only wanna go like 2-3" with a shackle.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
They offer 2-9.5" of lift. New shackle mounts front and rear and new shackles depending on the configuration will give teh various lifts. The mounts look weak in the rear like they would not handle side loads well.

Here is a sample from the truckinsuspension.com site (AIMIND)

Also, the extra lift in the rear will swing the pinion up so you may get driveline vibes if the pinion angle is too far off the t-case output angle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll take your guy's advice and not get a set then. But just out of curiosity, would a guy need to buy both the front and rear spring hanger, or just one of the two. They have them advertised seperate.
-Travis

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
If you only do the rear, you rotate the pinion too far and push the axle forward, so the front one will compensate for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts