Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Daystar 2inch Spacers help me to clear 33x12.50 tires on my stock 2002 ram 4x4. If so what is the price for them and how hard to install!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes they would, and they cost about $114 for 4X4 spacers. Installing them is a different story. You could pay some place about $175 for installation and allignment, or do it yourself, but still need the truck aligned. Now only if you have major pacience will you be able to install them yourself. If you aren't willing to be close to very ticked off, then I suggest you pay someone.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have the 2" spacers on my truck and am only running 265/75s right now. am planning on going 33's soon. The installation was easy, it took about an hour and a half with no power tools. I didn't need an alignment, but you should really invest in new shocks, they are so easy to put in while yhou have everything out, it would be crazy not to put new shocks in. The manufacturer will tell you that you don't need new shocks, but they are a must. My truck is a 2500, but I am sure with a 1500 it would clear 33's no prob. Fritz ram page has a great thread in the suspension section about installign these, with pictures and everything. Hope thsi helps, good luck!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Installation is very simple, installing the new shocks is very easy too, if you pay some to do it then you must have more money than sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suspension
— Heavy-duty front and rear shock absorbers and front stabilizer bar
— Front, independent coil spring (4 x2 models)
— Front, independent torsion bar (4x4 models)
— Rear, longitudinal leaf springs

Yeah i just found this crap out. So I guess the Daystar Spacers are out of the question. Of any knowledge out there knows any way to get some inches with out lifting on the new 2002 ram 4x4 let me know!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
That is exactly correct. they dont have spacers for the torsion bar setups. you could crank the bars up a little but dont count on getting a whole lot from them. there is a post in the chevy section about this too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts