Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in southeast mass about one hour south of boston and I don't know of any places that I can really go wheelin'. I know of a couple of places that are really small and depend on the mood of the owner. I don't mind doing a little bit of traveling if it is worth it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea-same here. One hour south of Boston and nowhere legal to go!!! Anyone know of any? There was a place near Wrentham off of 495 but it's been closed off.[was called Nam]

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yeah, 'Nam was a killer place to wheel. I knew of a few places in the Freetown/Assonet area, but they're closed off now. Basically anyplace to wheel around here has a locked gate in front of it. You can take 4x4's through Freetown State Forest, but those are just graded fire roads. They're cool with a foot of snow on them, but how often does that happen? LOL.

I'm from New Bedford, so I'm not far from you at all. If you want to hook up and check out those little places you know, let me know. I'm always up for stuff like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
First off, 'Nam is NOT closed. They have talked about it, but have taken a "wait'n'see" approach. Be smart, stay out of trouble and it will stay open. There are many places to wheel in MA and RI. Most are legal. If any of you have questions just send me an e-mail.

Sniper :bigthumb:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Well, when this was posted, it looked pretty certain that Nam WAS going to be closed. At least that was the word on NEOW.org.

Plus, IIRC from a PM I got from him, he's got a stock WJ. I wouldn't take that through any of the trails around here, like Nam or Driveshaft.

Haven't heard from you in a while. Did you get your rock rails or 35's yet?

·
Registered
844 Posts
In Brockton ma off rt. 28 behind the UPS is a place that alot of people go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts