Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, theres a black cylindrical part on my 01 ctd under my hood right behind the grill, with a couple of rubber hoses coming off of it and a hole facing the passenger side of the truck. it seems to be leaking some fluid out of the hole onto my belt causing a loud squeal everytime i shut off the motor, what is this part? why is it leaking? and what can i do about it? i can probably post some pics tommorow when i get up, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
post some pics, i dont have a 24 valve to peak at right now but maybe someone else can help you better until we see some pictures
-Josh

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i remember it certainly looks like a breather, i dont recall a bottle though, and looking at the side where the hole is you can see some stuffs been leaking out

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree with ISB... Sounds like the crankcase breather. It is mounted on the front of the block toward the bottom. There is a little plastic black bottle on the end held in place by a ring and a nut. The glovebox bible says it is supposed to be drained every oil change. Mine doesn't get done that often.

Once I was wheeling and it hadn't been drained in awhile and oil hit the fan and flung that crap all over the underside of the hood :roll:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should it be leaking like that? i know a little squeal when you shut off the motor is normal sometimes but mine does it everytime and it sounds like crap :wall:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts